Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Mar 24, 2004, 03:22 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Apple forewarns resellers of product dry spell

Category: Apple Hardware
Link: Apple forewarns resellers of product dry spell
Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Mar 24, 2004, 03:37 PM   #2
Dont Hurt Me
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBytes
Posted on MacBytes.com All i can say is I hope you are sitting down when Apple releases this qtrs numbers. I predict they will hit that 1% that the Mac lovers seem to want everytime we talk marketshare and new computer sales. This company has some problems and they start with not making computers the market is demanding. Apple is building computers only for Apple not the consumer.

Approved by Mudbug
Old Mar 24, 2004, 03:39 PM   #3
RHutch
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBytes
Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by Mudbug
I know people are always predicting new or updated products, but I really do think that the shortage of supply coupled with the recent Apple offers (discounted memory, etc.) means that the updates are near.

I have only ever heard of shortages around the time of new products. And I have only ever seen such incentives when Apple was trying to get rid of old stuff.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 03:55 PM   #4
Dont Hurt Me
macrumors 603

They state that ALL CPUs(except G5s) will be sold out by Mar 27th. does this mean so long to Motorola? or does it mean just newer bumped versions of what they are selling now. How do you sell out of a empty store is my question. now whats going on over at Apple? all cpu's? all G4s getting bumped? they have held all these G4s back for a while and we know moto was making a 1.4 a year ago. It would be very easy to give every model a G4 bump.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 04:25 PM   #5
nagromme
macrumors G4

All Mac lines are getting stale

It could be all about education orders--but I find new products intros VERY believable too.

All Mac lines--even the iBook--are now old enough to need a refresh. (Xserve excluded of course.)

I expect Apple to stick with their statement that G4s are here to stay. They'll be at higher MHz, though, and they'll be the low-end instead of the high-end, thanks to the G5.

And I certainly don't expect a G5 PowerBook so soon Apple said they were HOPING to have that by the END of this year.

Last edited by nagromme; Mar 24, 2004 at 04:44 PM.
nagromme is offline   0
Old Mar 24, 2004, 04:41 PM   #6
dudeami
macrumors regular

I hope this is a sign of their whole line of computer offerings getting updated.
dudeami is offline   0
Old Mar 24, 2004, 04:49 PM   #7
mvc
macrumors 6502a

Apple Computer a misnomer?

And not a sign that Apple is now effectively a PC peripheral company that just makes iPods
Old Mar 24, 2004, 05:04 PM   #8
Dont Hurt Me
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvc
And not a sign that Apple is now effectively a PC peripheral company that just makes iPods
I agree but this doesnt have anything to do with education,like education is ordering Imacs,Powerbooks,Emacs,ibooks all at the same time? not! that just some smoke and mirrors as to what is really happening. all new products or newly bumped G4s. with Moto making a 1.5 G4 now every product gets a bump and maybe the top Powerbook /Imac get G5s.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 05:29 PM   #9
crenz
macrumors 6502a

I think it is going to be a long time till we seen the full product range (down to even eMacs) use G5s. The lack of eMacs is a sign that this is mostly due to edu orders, but is this normal? Does this happen every year? For a company in a position like Apple, this is not a good thing .

I think we'll probably see PowerMac and display upgrades in April. PowerBooks and iBooks might be upgraded, depending on whether new G4 processors are available (I have no idea).
crenz is offline   0
Old Mar 24, 2004, 05:54 PM   #10
ultimind
macrumors newbie

This happens every year...Apple releases new products just a few months and even in some cases a few weeks after most school PO's are due for the following school year. This happened to my school last year when the G5's were announced..we got stuck with Dual G4's because our PO's were due before WWDC '03. Needless to say that some people weren't too happy about that.
ultimind is offline   0
Old Mar 25, 2004, 02:08 AM   #11
redAPPLE
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimind
This happens every year...Apple releases new products just a few months and even in some cases a few weeks after most school PO's are due for the following school year. This happened to my school last year when the G5's were announced..we got stuck with Dual G4's because our PO's were due before WWDC '03. Needless to say that some people weren't too happy about that.
can't it be that Apple really has (always) manufacturing problems during this time of the year? if so, i wish Apple would address these issues to schools, companies and customers.

it would show that Apple has soul. and not what people would be thinking, that Apple is focking us from behind.
redAPPLE is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion