Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 19, 2009, 04:12 AM   #1
JoQ
macrumors newbie

Looking for an application that does "Detect Displays" automatically at boot?

Hi there!

I'm having some troubles with my current display setup, let's not go into that, there is an "easy" solution to this. Everytime i boot i have to click Detect Displays, to get the picture on the right screen, what i am looking for is something that "autostarts", a program, a terminal command or anything that does the Detect Displays automatically?

I have tried binding a keyboard shortcut to Detect Displays, it says the shortcut is what i bound it to, but nothing happens when i press it? :S
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=296246

Please help me with this
JoQ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 12:16 AM   #2
Sir Al
macrumors member

I am looking for the same thing!
Sir Al is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 11:37 AM   #3
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

I think you can do this with Applescript. I found this page that has a sample script. Just save the Applescript as an app and put it in your startup items.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store