Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Feb 19, 2009, 06:38 AM   #1
boyplunder
macrumors regular

Border control for a textView fields in IB

Hi All,

I have a text view field on a detail window in IB that always has an extra gap at the top, which I want to get rid of. The settings are all zero, and you can't set a minus value, as far as I can see. Does anyone know if there is a way to eliminate this?

Boyplunder

Added: Above the text view [selected] you can see an extra bit of space that isn't all the way round. The scroll control that appears when you scroll the text starts a few millimeters higher than the text. I would like to amend this so the border space is all the same. It looks like this is just how it is.

http://cdn.macrumors.com/vb/images/attach/png.gif
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	View.png
Views:	18
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	158570  

Last edited by boyplunder; Feb 19, 2009 at 09:38 AM. Reason: to add an image
boyplunder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2009, 08:41 AM   #2
dejo

Not sure I understand. Can you provide us with a screenshot?

EDIT: Now that I've seen the screenshot (a new post rather than editing the original would've made this thread flow nicer), I think I see what you're talking about. Have you tried adjusting either contentInset or contentOffset?

Last edited by dejo; Feb 19, 2009 at 11:18 AM.
dejo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2009, 03:32 PM   #3
boyplunder
macrumors regular

Text view issue

It seems to me that this is a set issue.
I would have thought that the logical thing to do was leave the offsets and let the developer choose. What actual seems to be the case is that there is a top, left, right and bottom preset on any new text fields, but the top seems to be just big by default.

If anyone has a view on this, please post.

Boyplunder
boyplunder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2009, 03:47 PM   #4
dejo

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyplunder View Post
I would have thought that the logical thing to do was leave the offsets and let the developer choose
In order to better satisfy the HIG, I believe Apple likes to build in some spacing defaults so that things initially are laid out more pleasing to the eye, rather than relying on the developers to have to go in and tweak everything to get it to be pleasing.
dejo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming