Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

riker1384

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
West Coast
I just installed Leopard on an Intel Imac. My previous computer was an eMac with 10.4.

I have two main accounts on the Imac. One is the administrator account from when I installed Leopard. The other is an account that I transferred from a backup of the Emac, using Migration Assistant. Which one am I better off using? Should I move stuff into the clean new account, or use the migrated one and just clear out anything I don't need anymore?

I ask this because I'm wondering if the account that I migrated over is going to have stuff in it that slows things down or causes problems. I thought that slowdown type stuff doesn't happen with Macs, but then I've read that it does sometimes, so I'm confused. Are there any drawbacks to using the old, cluttered account?

JustGretchen

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2008
If the emac user has old classic apps or stuff like that it wont work, so I'd say starting fresh is the best way to go.

finnschi

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2008
Hamburg, Germany
I wouldn't migrating From my old G4 gave me LOTS LOTS LOTS of trouble... I still have folders I don't have full access too ad stuff like that ... weird as hell !! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.