Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 20, 2008
My sister has a 1st gen. iPod Touch. It worked fine for awhile, but now when she plugs it into the computer via USB it makes a quick 2 beep noise and iTunes doesn't show the iPod. I'm wondering if this is a problem with her computer or her iPod. Is anyone familiar with this?

ThunderBull4

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
Hmm, well mine use to always make the little 2 beeps when i plug it in, but it shows up on iTunes... reboot comp/ipod?

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 20, 2008
Hmm, well mine use to always make the little 2 beeps when i plug it in, but it shows up on iTunes... reboot comp/ipod?

It doesn't even charge though, so I'm assuming that the computer doesn't know it's there.

synagence

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
If the iPod isn't set to be silent then it will make a double-beep when its plugged into a USB port.....100% normal.

Its possible that it was on silent or had all notification beeps turned off...

Nothing to worry about

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 20, 2008
If the iPod isn't set to be silent then it will make a double-beep when its plugged into a USB port.....100% normal.

Its possible that it was on silent or had all notification beeps turned off...

Nothing to worry about

Yeah, it does usually make a double beep, but this time it sounds different.

matt26de

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2009
did you ever figure out a solution to this problem? I am experiencing the same thing, and can't seem to find a way to fix it. Please let me know! thanks

creon

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2009
Mine always chirps when i plug her in. Maybe the noise is normal...have you any friends that you can compare the noise to?

supermariofan25

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
My sister has a 1st gen. iPod Touch. It worked fine for awhile, but now when she plugs it into the computer via USB it makes a quick 2 beep noise and iTunes doesn't show the iPod. I'm wondering if this is a problem with her computer or her iPod. Is anyone familiar with this?

Yes i have had this problem before, Is it JailBroken and using the idroid theme because that was the problem for me. Hope it helps:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.