Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Feb 20, 2009, 12:49 PM   #1
gixxerredliner
macrumors regular

Ask me any question I am the all knowing mac genie

Mac Genie, So i got my imac 2.4 last night, ordered 4 GB from crucial which should be at my apt by the time i make it home. Question is I also downloaded a few things and looked at a few PDF files. Question is i have documents popping up from Apps I downloaded such as NEO OFFICE, I have the NEO OFFICE App icon at the bottom on my doc but also in my doc folder its there is it overkill to have it in two locations? can i delete the file in my docs and still use it? Thanks
gixxerredliner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2009, 01:04 PM   #2
Bad Paper
macrumors 6502

You have the application installed in your Documents folder? Why? It should be in your Applications folder.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 05:37 AM   #3
spinnerlys

Strange title. Mockery?

You applications are only in one place (where you put them during install or drag an dropping, or in the Applications folder).

The Dock is only a short cut for applications you put there, and open applications will show up there too.

Deleting something on Finder level will most likely delete it for good (if you emptied the trash of course).
Deleting something from the Dock will only remove the short cut, but the application is still there.
spinnerlys is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2010, 09:45 AM   #4
macbkusrndhelp
macrumors newbie

Traveling abroad?

OK, so I'm going to Europe and I purchased a plug adapter for the wall, because my understanding is that the Mac can be plugged in without any voltage converter or anything like that, but my question is, can i plug in a USB cord to my Mac to charge my other electronic devices (cell phone, ipod) from my Macbook? Will it work the same way?
Thanks in advance.
macbkusrndhelp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2010, 01:26 PM   #5
TMRaven
macrumors 68020

The dock is only a shortcut. Windows works the same way with its userbar at the bottom as well.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:33 PM   #6
johnschaefer
macrumors newbie

iMac won't play Marketwatch.com video

I have new 27" iMac that won't play video from Marketwatch.com or WSJ.com but plays fine from other sites such as CNN. I reinstalled OS but no help.
johnschaefer is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac