Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Feb 22, 2009, 01:13 PM   #1
lilyp
macrumors newbie

Wireless problems on ibook- my laptop is not recognizing my network

I have my pc and my mac set up through the same wireless router (linksys) and the pc works fine, but i can't get the mac to regularly recognize my network name, and even when it occasionally does, it says there is an error joining 'airport (my network name)'. I was on the phone with linksys tech support all morning resetting and working through everything and after 2 hours it still didn't work, so they suggested it was a mac problem. Who knows...it might be that they just couldn't figure it out, so are passing off the blame! Any experience with this problem or advice?
lilyp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2009, 01:53 PM   #2
NewMacbookPlz
macrumors 68040

If you previously set it up so the passkey is saved in the Keychain app, go in there, and delete it. Then rejoin the network, re-enter your passkey, and check "store in keychain."

That happened to me, and it seems the keychain file got corrupted or something, because it's been flawless since.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 05:51 PM   #3
lilyp
macrumors newbie

I deleted saved keychain, but unfortunately no luck.

Maybe I am not rejoining network correctly? I went to "other network" in the list under the aiport, tried setting up my network name and password, and still an error message. Is this correct?
lilyp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2009, 06:26 PM   #4
NewMacbookPlz
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyp View Post
Maybe I am not rejoining network correctly? I went to "other network" in the list under the aiport, tried setting up my network name and password, and still an error message. Is this correct?
Did you select the correct type of encryption for the network? Also, some routers seem to be case sensitive with the passkey, so I always just use lower-case letters in my passkeys.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs