Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jinsou

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
- Just bought a song in itunes...... 10 minutes later it was updated to itunes plus...
- This economic situation, people losing their jobs(i was one to CompUSA closing)...
- how did a fart app made it to #1 ??
- the solution for the economic recession is more debt? Jeez... don't they know that goes 10x the amount of the loan in interest...
- The power that a professor has... he can make you love or hate a class... specially hate it when all they do is sit around passing power points....
- Vacations pass too fast...
- losing a due date, omg.... specially when it's a really important oportunity....

And that is what grinds my gears.... what grinds yours?

Jin

toolbox

macrumors 68020
Oct 6, 2007
Australia (WA)
when we get told we can't take personal phone calls (which is fair) and then the person telling us that picks his phone up and starts texting a way!

That-Is-Bull

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
DVD cases! They sucked at first because there was a big wall around the DVD so it was a hassle to get out. Then some genius started putting dents in the wall so your fingers could easily take the DVD out of the case. Life worth living! But nooo, that's way too convenient, and somebody else decided "Hey, that's ridiculously awesome, I'm going to put some more walls there so it will still look like a fantastically easy way to achieve DVD-out-of-case-ness, but then the user will discover that the dents are now completely useless!"

dvdss.jpg

CalPoly10

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2006
Boring people. I have a problem when I am talking to people that have nothing interesting to say. I can't focus, and find myself getting angry/bored very quickly.

marbles

macrumors 68000
Apr 30, 2008
EU mostly
Unethical people
Truth benders
Food companys who put chemicals into childrens food, any food actually but especially kids s
Quality control at Apple
My brother
Apples secrecy policy for new releases
I could go on , I'm in a bad mood........

......see my Guilty pleasure thread for help if anyone is feeling the same way https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/656919/

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Unethical people
Truth benders
Food companys who put chemicals into childrens food, any food actually but especially kids s
Quality control at Apple
My brother
Apples secrecy policy for new releases
I could go on , I'm in a bad mood........

......see my Guilty pleasure thread for help if anyone is feeling the same way https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/656919/

You're new here right?

BigHungry04

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2008
Kentucky
Drivers in Lexington, KY who don't know what the green light means.
Poems
The people at Oak Factory Warehouse exploiting their FLK to drive up their sales.
The same teams making it to the Super Bowl every year in Madden NFL 08 on my mac.
Statistics
Stupid People
Religion of any kind
The Super Bowl being in Miami more often than not

EB66

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
oh man stupid drivers is a definite
waiting on people
people who can't take a joke
people who talk behind your back

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
not really , long time reader signed up mid last year :)

Fair enough, everyone I know that doesn't like the secrecy or complains about quality control either doesn't have a mac at all, or has just got one, and is shocked that it's not exactly the same as windows...

marbles

macrumors 68000
Apr 30, 2008
EU mostly
Fair enough, everyone I know that doesn't like the secrecy or complains about quality control either doesn't have a mac at all, or has just got one, and is shocked that it's not exactly the same as windows...

nah , it just grinds me that quality control appears to be taking a nose dive of late ....I guess the secrecy isnt that bad , I mean it is fun here on MR right so ...I'll scratch that one of my list :)

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
nah , it just grinds me that quality control appears to be taking a nose dive of late ....I guess the secrecy isnt that bad , I mean it is fun here on MR right so ...I'll scratch that one of my list :)

It's the same as it's always been... I think the PM G5 (with water cooling) was the worst apple product for QC, they have a guaranteed 100% failure rate after about 2 years...

Something always slips through the gate, it's simple human error, nothing more, nothing less. You can't expect a company to have 100% QC, that's just asking for god like spotting skills, also joining forums gives you a hideously skewed perception on a product as you only read about the horror stories, never the happy people...

EB66

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
i think the only reason that it seems that the quality control may be dropping is because every year the amount of mac users is growing substantially and the amount of errors are going to be greater when the sales and production are raised significantly

ive hardly had any problems with my macs so im not worried much :)

chilipie

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2006
Englandshire
DVD cases! They sucked at first because there was a big wall around the DVD so it was a hassle to get out. Then some genius started putting dents in the wall so your fingers could easily take the DVD out of the case. Life worth living! But nooo, that's way too convenient, and somebody else decided "Hey, that's ridiculously awesome, I'm going to put some more walls there so it will still look like a fantastically easy way to achieve DVD-out-of-case-ness, but then the user will discover that the dents are now completely useless!"

I've thought that for a long time, but never been arsed to put it into words. Thank you :D

marbles

macrumors 68000
Apr 30, 2008
EU mostly
It's the same as it's always been... I think the PM G5 (with water cooling) was the worst apple product for QC, they have a guaranteed 100% failure rate after about 2 years...

Something always slips through the gate, it's simple human error, nothing more, nothing less. You can't expect a company to have 100% QC, that's just asking for god like spotting skills, also joining forums gives you a hideously skewed perception on a product as you only read about the horror stories, never the happy people...

just going off my own experience really(so far about14 Macs bought-14DOA since2005), I realize you can't take what is said on fora at face value, that said, there does seem an awful lot more complaining of late ....anyways best not hijack the thread:) .

chedda

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2006
Underwater
Estate Agents

My estate agent actually believes i am going to give him 5% plus v.a.t. yeah right ill bathe in his blood first and eat his kidney with a nice bottle of chianti.............

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.