Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hwmbrogden

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
So I almost have my 80 gig filled with about 15000 songs. It has been fine up until now regarding album art. Lately all of the album art on the ipod has been mixed up with the wrong artists and the wrong albums and etc. Some artists don't even have album art according to the ipod. This is a different case on my iTunes with everything assigned accordingly.

Is this an issue with my iPod that can be fixed with a restore? I will be getting a new MacBook this Friday so should I wait to restore until then if I am going to have to restore anyway due to the fact that my music will be coming off of a Mac rather than a PC at that time?

slu

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2004
Buffalo
Re-sync your iPod. If that doesn't work a restore should.

I have had this problem myself before and a sync fixed it.

JonHimself

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
What I did was uncheck the box that says "sync album artwork" then sync'd my iPod without the album artwork. Then I re-checked the box and sync'd everything again. I haven't had any problems since but I guess we'll see..

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Jun 2, 2008
London
What I did was uncheck the box that says "sync album artwork" then sync'd my iPod without the album artwork. Then I re-checked the box and sync'd everything again. I haven't had any problems since but I guess we'll see..

I'm having that problem with my iPhone and iPod Touch. Where can I uncheck that?? I haven't been able to locate it in the options.

hwmbrogden

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009

Ahh good idea. Right now my music folder is on the fritz because of my external so once I get my new computer I will transfer everything over from my ipod to the comp, then restore the ipod, then put everything back onto it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.