Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scorpiusdeus

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Ventura County, CA
I plugged my ipod in last night and even though the battery on my iPod shows the cable connection, itunes does not open. I open itunes and my ipod does not show up.

I rebooted, updated everything (there were 5 updates) and tried again, same result.

Why can't iTunes see my iPod?

tyramro

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2009
me too

Hi!
I have been having the same problem. I even tried to plug my friend's ipod into my labtop and the battery registered but not the ipod. I have done extensive research online as well. I hope someone can help!

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Possible problems:

(1) Are you using the right cable? Using USB or FW with the wrong iPod (depending on which generation it is) will only allow data, or power, but not both to be recognized.

(2) Are you using a powered USB port? Apple recommends not using the USB port on the aluminum keyboard (although it works fine for me).

(3) Have you tried a different USB or FW port?

(4) Is the iPod formatted for Mac or PC?

(5) Is the iPod set to manually sync or automatically sync?

I know you've probably tried some or all of these, I just wanted to cover all the bases. Not trying to sound condescending :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.