Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Feb 27, 2009, 03:59 PM   #1
mrb1946
macrumors newbie

Windows 7 and Bluetooth... need some help over her, haha...

Ok, I have a White MacBook that I got in August in '07 (2007). I just made a Boot Camp partition that is 32 GBs. I installed Windows 7 and the newest Boot Camp drivers (2.1). Everything works great. The only [agrivating] thing that is left, is the Apple Wireless Keyboard (Aluminum) and Wireless Migty Mouse (both Bluetooth). When I go to the add new Bluetooth device menu, I click the Mighty Mouse and it just continuously says that it is connecting to the device. It hangs. Any help? Anyone know how I can get the mouse and keyboard to work properly? I would assume that the solution is the same for Vista as it is for 7, so if anyone had this problem in Vista, please tell me how you fixed it.

-Thanks
mrb1946 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2009, 08:02 PM   #2
ExcelonGT
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb1946 View Post
Ok, I have a White MacBook that I got in August in '07 (2007). I just made a Boot Camp partition that is 32 GBs. I installed Windows 7 and the newest Boot Camp drivers (2.1). Everything works great. The only [agrivating] thing that is left, is the Apple Wireless Keyboard (Aluminum) and Wireless Migty Mouse (both Bluetooth). When I go to the add new Bluetooth device menu, I click the Mighty Mouse and it just continuously says that it is connecting to the device. It hangs. Any help? Anyone know how I can get the mouse and keyboard to work properly? I would assume that the solution is the same for Vista as it is for 7, so if anyone had this problem in Vista, please tell me how you fixed it.

-Thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDFLWq3hXwk

i came across this. Although it didnt fix my A2DP problem, it should help you out.
ExcelonGT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 11:37 PM   #3
ArtursBoy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb1946 View Post

-Thanks
Hi, I dont have Windows 7, or the apple bluetooth mouse or keyboard. I have Windows Vista, and I have the Microsoft Notebook bluetooth mouse 5000.

I had a similar issue when I was first trying to connect the mouse. What I did was when I was first setting up the mouse under bluetooth devices, instead of manually entering a "passkey" for the mouse (which was 0000), I selected the "no passkey" option, and now it connects everytime automatically.

Maybe this can work for you too.
ArtursBoy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2009, 12:41 AM   #4
wbtlevi
macrumors newbie

I had exactly the same issue. The thing is though, I knew that when I first installed W7 that my mouse and keyboard worked flawlessly. I ended up uninstalling the bootcamp drivers for bluetooth and my keyboard and mouse work fine. I'd say its at least worth a shot.
wbtlevi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2009, 03:09 PM   #5
mesharp1
macrumors newbie

Fixed

Here is how you do it. I will try to explain in Windows 7.

First if you are running bootcamp install all the drivers reboot. Make sure to change the bluetooth to apple driver. this is important.
Next right click on your bluetooth go to properties. you should see where it says keyboard, mouse,etc check that box this is very important. After you checked the box you should see the device show up in your list of connect devices. Close the screen where you add a device. Next make sure you go into device manager and under mice and other pointing devices change all 3 devices to mighty mouse drivers (this is how I got it to work) then you should notice that your mouse is working. also if you are typing and not using your mouse for a few seconds it will not move right away when you move it (I think there is power saving option for this but havn't found it) i ususally just hit the left right bottons a few times. this should work for you.) Sorry if i didn't explain it well but i this did work for me.

this is cool but i wouldn't do it.
http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/31/b...wer-save-hack/

Last edited by mesharp1; Nov 26, 2009 at 03:18 PM.
mesharp1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:03 PM   #6
thwaaaack
macrumors newbie

That worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcelonGT View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDFLWq3hXwk

i came across this. Although it didnt fix my A2DP problem, it should help you out.

Thank you! I was having this exact problem on my Windows 7 installation on MacBook Pro (computer sees the mouse but says connecting for ever). After right clicking the mouse in the Add Device screen and checking "drivers for keyboard/mouse," I just needed to power my mouse back on and off and hold the button - and it worked. Thanks again.
thwaaaack is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help