Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Feb 28, 2009, 03:24 PM   #1
rckpprszzrs
macrumors newbie

Unhappy iBook G4 won't boot up, OS X destination volume error when reinstalling

Hi, I have a secondhand iBook G4 and a few days ago it stopped booting up. It will load the apple screen with a loading circle and then switch to a blue screen with a loading circle and won't go any further.

I tried to reinstall OS X by inserting the cd and holding down "C". When I do so it works up until the "Select a Destination" screen where it doesn't show my hard drive.

I went into disc utility and my hard drive is shown there but I don't know what to do to make it show in the "Select a Destination" screen.

Help? Anyone?
rckpprszzrs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2009, 09:18 AM   #2
mankam
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckpprszzrs View Post
Hi, I have a secondhand iBook G4 and a few days ago it stopped booting up. It will load the apple screen with a loading circle and then switch to a blue screen with a loading circle and won't go any further.

I tried to reinstall OS X by inserting the cd and holding down "C". When I do so it works up until the "Select a Destination" screen where it doesn't show my hard drive.

I went into disc utility and my hard drive is shown there but I don't know what to do to make it show in the "Select a Destination" screen.

Help? Anyone?
i have simmilar problem with my ibool g4
how you sorted your problem??
mankam is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs