Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 2, 2009, 01:10 PM   #1
nope7308
macrumors 6502a

Word '08 - Resume Templates

I would like to download some resume templates, but the ones available on the MS Office website are not compatible with OS X. Where can I download similar templates?

Additionally, I'm aware that Word '08 comes equipped with 4 resume templates, but those templates appear in a language other than English. Any explanation why (and how I can change this)? These resumes are nice, but I would prefer a greater selection.

Thanks for the help.

P.S. Yes, I already searched for a solution to this presumably common problem.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 03:39 PM   #2
nadyne
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to nadyne Send a message via AIM to nadyne Send a message via MSN to nadyne Send a message via Yahoo to nadyne Send a message via Skype™ to nadyne
The templates that ship with Word 2008 are in English (or, whatever language you purchased Office in -- French, Spanish, etc). Are you referring to the "loren ipsum" text in there? That's just placeholder text -- you'll probably see it anywhere that placeholder text is used because it's been the printing industry standard since printing was invented.

Regards,
Nadyne.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 02:21 PM   #3
nope7308
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadyne View Post
The templates that ship with Word 2008 are in English (or, whatever language you purchased Office in -- French, Spanish, etc). Are you referring to the "loren ipsum" text in there? That's just placeholder text -- you'll probably see it anywhere that placeholder text is used because it's been the printing industry standard since printing was invented.

Regards,
Nadyne.
Yes, I was referring to the placeholders (I thought it was Latin - wrong!). From my uninformed perspective, it just seems weird! I've never come across it before, but then again, I'm not a graphic designer.

Anyway, back to my original question... where can I find additional resume templates that will work with Word '08? Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 02:55 PM   #4
PeggyD
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by nope7308 View Post
Anyway, back to my original question... where can I find additional resume templates that will work with Word '08? Thanks.
Try Microsoft Office PC templates. Then comes Microsoft trickery. Choose the category the sub-category & then click the name of a template. Next is a page with a "download" button that takes you to the "Your operating system doesn't meet system requirements" page. All that means is that you can't use their automatic download service. Click the "download now" button in the section to manually download. Somewhere along the process was a license agreement. The file I chose downloaded as 06369101.cab. Double-clicking it launched Stuffit & resulted in a folder.
PeggyD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2009, 03:47 PM   #5
nope7308
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeggyD View Post
Try Microsoft Office PC templates. Then comes Microsoft trickery. Choose the category the sub-category & then click the name of a template. Next is a page with a "download" button that takes you to the "Your operating system doesn't meet system requirements" page. All that means is that you can't use their automatic download service. Click the "download now" button in the section to manually download. Somewhere along the process was a license agreement. The file I chose downloaded as 06369101.cab. Double-clicking it launched Stuffit & resulted in a folder.
Ahh, thank you! I gave up at the .cab file. I'll give it a try now...
Old Mar 3, 2009, 05:47 PM   #6
nadyne
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to nadyne Send a message via AIM to nadyne Send a message via MSN to nadyne Send a message via Yahoo to nadyne Send a message via Skype™ to nadyne
PeggyD has great instructions. For something longer, with step-by-step directions and advice for troubleshooting, try these instructions for using Windows templates on your Mac from the Word:Mac MVPs.

Regards,
Nadyne.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store