Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 2, 2009, 01:10 PM   #1
nope7308
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Word '08 - Resume Templates

I would like to download some resume templates, but the ones available on the MS Office website are not compatible with OS X. Where can I download similar templates?

Additionally, I'm aware that Word '08 comes equipped with 4 resume templates, but those templates appear in a language other than English. Any explanation why (and how I can change this)? These resumes are nice, but I would prefer a greater selection.

Thanks for the help.

P.S. Yes, I already searched for a solution to this presumably common problem.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." - The Dude
nope7308 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2009, 03:39 PM   #2
nadyne
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mountain View, CA USA
 
Send a message via ICQ to nadyne Send a message via AIM to nadyne Send a message via MSN to nadyne Send a message via Yahoo to nadyne Send a message via Skype™ to nadyne
The templates that ship with Word 2008 are in English (or, whatever language you purchased Office in -- French, Spanish, etc). Are you referring to the "loren ipsum" text in there? That's just placeholder text -- you'll probably see it anywhere that placeholder text is used because it's been the printing industry standard since printing was invented.

Regards,
Nadyne.
__________________
Nadyne Richmond | senior researcher, VMware
go ahead, mac my day
nadyne is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2009, 02:21 PM   #3
nope7308
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadyne View Post
The templates that ship with Word 2008 are in English (or, whatever language you purchased Office in -- French, Spanish, etc). Are you referring to the "loren ipsum" text in there? That's just placeholder text -- you'll probably see it anywhere that placeholder text is used because it's been the printing industry standard since printing was invented.

Regards,
Nadyne.
Yes, I was referring to the placeholders (I thought it was Latin - wrong!). From my uninformed perspective, it just seems weird! I've never come across it before, but then again, I'm not a graphic designer.

Anyway, back to my original question... where can I find additional resume templates that will work with Word '08? Thanks.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." - The Dude
nope7308 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2009, 02:55 PM   #4
PeggyD
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Covington/Lake Morton, WA, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nope7308 View Post
Anyway, back to my original question... where can I find additional resume templates that will work with Word '08? Thanks.
Try Microsoft Office PC templates. Then comes Microsoft trickery. Choose the category the sub-category & then click the name of a template. Next is a page with a "download" button that takes you to the "Your operating system doesn't meet system requirements" page. All that means is that you can't use their automatic download service. Click the "download now" button in the section to manually download. Somewhere along the process was a license agreement. The file I chose downloaded as 06369101.cab. Double-clicking it launched Stuffit & resulted in a folder.
PeggyD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2009, 03:47 PM   #5
nope7308
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeggyD View Post
Try Microsoft Office PC templates. Then comes Microsoft trickery. Choose the category the sub-category & then click the name of a template. Next is a page with a "download" button that takes you to the "Your operating system doesn't meet system requirements" page. All that means is that you can't use their automatic download service. Click the "download now" button in the section to manually download. Somewhere along the process was a license agreement. The file I chose downloaded as 06369101.cab. Double-clicking it launched Stuffit & resulted in a folder.
Ahh, thank you! I gave up at the .cab file. I'll give it a try now...
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." - The Dude
nope7308 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2009, 05:47 PM   #6
nadyne
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mountain View, CA USA
 
Send a message via ICQ to nadyne Send a message via AIM to nadyne Send a message via MSN to nadyne Send a message via Yahoo to nadyne Send a message via Skype™ to nadyne
PeggyD has great instructions. For something longer, with step-by-step directions and advice for troubleshooting, try these instructions for using Windows templates on your Mac from the Word:Mac MVPs.

Regards,
Nadyne.
__________________
Nadyne Richmond | senior researcher, VMware
go ahead, mac my day
nadyne is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Templates for Microsoft PowerPoint - The Best PowerPoint Templates! Alexander-James Mac Applications and Mac App Store 2 Apr 24, 2014 01:11 AM
New app: Go Templates for MS Word txsoft Mac Applications and Mac App Store 0 Nov 20, 2013 11:39 PM
Using Form Fields and Templates Word 2011 Balckester Mac Applications and Mac App Store 0 Jan 4, 2013 04:13 AM
Word files opening in Word or Word Pad, what's up? FHayek Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac 2 Nov 9, 2012 12:51 PM
Word 2011 Templates wrong language Extremeshannon Mac Applications and Mac App Store 1 Oct 20, 2012 11:27 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps