Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

S1XStringMayhem

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2009
And both Steve and his kids have to hold back laughter when he tells them that they are banned from using them...

(the idea behind this being "why would we want to?")

I second that. It would be like telling your kids they can only drive the Ferrari and not the Saturn.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Well, I feel bad for Bill because in reality I'm sure he doesn't care about this. But he has to do it, because a photo of a Gates family member using an iPod would literally shave money off MS stock for the day.

I mean, we're talking billions of dollars in value based on a single photograph hitting the internet.

So really, he has no choice.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Well, I feel bad for Bill because in reality I'm sure he doesn't care about this. But he has to do it, because a photo of a Gates family member using an iPod would literally shave money off MS stock for the day.

I mean, we're talking billions of dollars in value based on a single photograph hitting the internet.

Ballmer, on the other hand, won't even let his kids use Google, so you KNOW that he probably only has parental security software for this purpose...

Apple.com and MacRumors are probably blocked, too.

But he forgot to block mammals.org and pcrumors.com, so his kids get past that. :D

boonlar

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2008
Why would they want an ipod or an iphone with the money they have? They could buy themselves some kind of neural interface device rofl. Btw why people continue to bash Bill Gates after all the humanitarian good he has done?

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
My idea behind saying that was, They really can't use their competitions products.

Its like you owning Pizza hut, and every friday going to Domino's to eat pizza!!

branjosef

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
This is probably true. I heard steve jobs refuses to buy anything that's considered "open". He prefers closed systems. I mean he hasn't lifted his toilet seat in years. He uses a urinal. He refused to open the refrigerator because of fears that the contents inside might get compromised. Good luck trying to replace the milk in there or add a jar of pickles. The milk is fine and doesn't need to be replaced and the jar of pickles is denied because he already has a jar of olives and they both offer the same service...so why do you need pickles? You have olives..live with it.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico

I believe Gates has been caught using an iPod before the release of the Zune.

Attachments

• billgates-ipod.jpg
    billgates-ipod.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 135

Theaser

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2008
I don't think Apple and Microsoft are competitors in terms of manufacturing operating systems because one is open source, another is closed source. Zune was made for wireless music sharing and all that while iPod was more of a general media device (Face it, iPod isn't the best music player, it's just that its popular.). Different business structures wouldn't make them competitors. Both sides have unique traits and their computers have entirely different purposes.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Actually, yes. Back in '98, Gates threw $150 million Apple's way because without Apple, he would've had a near-monopoly and the Justice Department would've ran him into the ground.

Actually, no -- this is a myth. Microsoft "invested" $150 million in Apple as part of the settlement of a long-running lawsuit. This is completely OT of course, but it must be said that this is one of the most persistent myths in the history of technology.

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
I'm sure that the Jobs' kids aren't allowed to have Zunes or Windows Mobile phones.

And both Steve and his kids have to hold back laughter when he tells them that they are banned from using them...

(the idea behind this being "why would we want to?")

I second that. It would be like telling your kids they can only drive the Ferrari and not the Saturn.

LOL!!! Did you think before honestly saying that??? Why would they want anything Microsoft lol :p

Honestly though I have wondered before, there must be SOME PCs at Apple headquarters that they use at least in their development of Windows apps etc and visa versa with Macs at Microsoft so they can copy everything lol ;) But seriously, can anyone confirm any Microsoft or PC computers or software that is used at Apple headquarters or the inverse at Microsoft???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.