Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Old Mar 3, 2009, 02:23 AM   #1
jb.da.man
macrumors newbie

Mac Rumors RSS Feed

Firstly, I know this is in wrong catagory but all the other foriums wont allow new posts.

Hello,

I have an external RSS feed reader, can you please tell me the RSS feed address or where I can find it?

Cheers
JB
jb.da.man is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2009, 02:29 AM   #2
mickbab
macrumors 65816

www.macrumors.com ---> left hand column ---> scroll down to "Misc", and the RSS link is in that box.
mickbab is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2009, 02:30 AM   #3
ziggyonice
macrumors 68020

feed://www.macrumors.com/macrumors.xml
Old Mar 3, 2009, 02:35 AM   #4
jb.da.man
macrumors newbie

Cheers i was looking for a link on the page but it was the link in the address bar.
jb.da.man is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2011, 04:59 PM   #5
cynikal
macrumors member

is it me or does the article preview always get cut off after ~40 words ? does anyone else find that odd? no other feed i subscribe to has this behavior but macrumors does.

engadget, for example, will have a short blurb (compared to the side of the actual article), and says 'full story after the break', the break is where the end of the article via the feed is.. and if you open the actual article you get that as well as the full article.

and macrumors stories aren't anywhere nearly as long as engadget, so why doesn't macrumors just let you load the entire article via rss ??
cynikal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2011, 01:03 PM   #6
WildCowboy
Administrator/Editor

Obviously driving traffic to click through to the full articles gives us ad impressions that we wouldn't get through RSS.

Yes, there are obviously ways to monetize RSS feeds, and we're looking to tweak things to make full content available through the RSS feed. It's all part of our redesign that has been in the works for much longer than we'd like...but we're making progress, I promise.
WildCowboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2011, 06:20 PM   #7
cynikal
macrumors member

thanks for the insight.. i thought it was just me, as i haven't experienced this on any other site and thought maybe _I_ was doing something incorrect with my settings or what not..

hoping ya guys can get a resolution to it soon though, seeing this almost makes me want to look for apple-related news elsewhere w/o these issues:

Code:
Apple Testing Three iPhone 5 Prototypes, One With Slide-Out Keyboard?
from MacRumors : Mac News and Rumors
1 person liked this

Keyboard Buddy Case for iPhone 4

Taiwanese site Apple.pro reports (via AppleInsider) that Apple has been 
testing three separate prototypes for the fifth-generation iPhone, including 
one with a slide-out keyboard.

There ...
i mean, really? almost as fun as an action-packed, yet commercial-infested (ill-placed too) movie on local tv stations

i hadn't considered the reason you mentioned, while it makes sense, seems to go about it the wrong way (i think it just annoys the (via rss) readers). i'm all for clicks, but there's gotta be a better way to achieve click-throughts w/o simply truncating the main article (has no one else complained?)
cynikal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2011, 05:13 AM   #8
Mkz
macrumors regular

Send a message via MSN to Mkz
Any news on this being sorted anytime soon?
Mkz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback