Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

croiceol

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
I got my iPod Touch as a Christmas present, and I noticed one problem that has really been bugging me, though it might seem trivial. You know when you tilt the iPod to the side, and you can shift through the artwork? Some of my artwork doesn't show up in that mode, and when I look at just the normal album view, where the iPod is turned vertically, the same artwork shows up as black. But when I play the song, the artwork is normal, and when I pull the album to the center up on the horizontal mode, the artwork will show. It is just annoying to have this big black gap and not know which album is which until it is on the center of the screen. Does that make sense? Does anyone else have this same problem? I have tried everything short of taking off all the songs and putting them all back on (as this affects about 10 full albums). I have deleted the artwork, but the iPod still just shows it as black instead of the normal blank artwork icon. I have tried just replacing the artwork, but it seems stuck in my iPod's memory, no matter what I do. I guess I just don't understand why it won't let me delete the artwork so I can fix it.

I also am having problems with the disappearing artwork. In the horizontal mode, it will show the artwork until you thumb over it, where it disappears. I can fix that, but it is just frustrating because I don't know why it happens or how I can stop it from happening. And sometimes as soon as I fix one album, another one disappears on me.

For any help, I would be greatly appreciative. I really hope that what I said made sense!

Joetang

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2008
i'm having the same problem. All my albums have artwork that shows in iTunes but when i moved them over to my 2G Touch, some of them won't show. I have no idea what to do. It is quite frustrating...

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I had a smiliar problem about a year ago. I fixed it by removing all the music (in iTunes, de-select the option the sync music) and then re-syncing. It has worked perfectly since. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.