eMac - spare power button found inside :/ - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Mar 3, 2009, 10:36 AM   #1
glossywhite
Banned

eMac - spare power button found inside :/

I recently overclocked my ATI 800Mhz eMac from 800Mhz to 1.33Ghz. Anyhow, in the process of stripping it down, I noticed something odd; there was a power button, unconnected, jammed down inside a gap in the front of the chassis - yes, an eMac power button, complete with the tiny circular PCB and connector socket. The pushable surface had a permanent marker line on it in blue - I can only assume that this button was some kind of reject, but had slipped down inside the machine, accidentally, at the manufacturing plant.

Anyone else had a similair experience?
glossywhite is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs