Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zephyr7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but I'm an absolute Mac newb. Should I be considering Snow Leopard when deciding between refurbished vs. new?

Poster(s) in this thread (https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/661021/) seem to suggest that we won't be able to upgrade to Snow Leopard because they suggest holding off on purchasing until it is released.

Am I misunderstanding? If we can upgrade to Snow Leopard when it is release would I be handicapping myself in any way by going refurbished? I know Snow Leopard's release is a ways off, but I'm looking ahead because I plan on using whatever iMac I choose for a few years.

FWIW, I'm leaning toward a refurbished 20" 2.66 or 24" 2.8 because they should be enough for my needs.

robotartfashion

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but I'm an absolute Mac newb. Should I be considering Snow Leopard when deciding between refurbished vs. new?

Poster(s) in this thread (https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/661021/) seem to suggest that we won't be able to upgrade to Snow Leopard because they suggest holding off on purchasing until it is released.

Am I misunderstanding? If we can upgrade to Snow Leopard when it is release would I be handicapping myself in any way by going refurbished? I know Snow Leopard's release is a ways off, but I'm looking ahead because I plan on using whatever iMac I choose for a few years.

FWIW, I'm leaning toward a refurbished 20" 2.66 or 24" 2.8 because they should be enough for my needs.

you'll be able to upgrade to snow leopard providing you have an intel based mac, that means even my 3 year old imac coreduo will be able to utilize it

don't sweat it, buy refurb or new, whatever floats your boat

p.s. you're always going to see people in here talking about waiting to upgrade so you get this or that

buy it now, enjoy it for months, and when snow leopard comes out buy a copy of it

Zephyr7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
you'll be able to upgrade to snow leopard providing you have an intel based mac, that means even my 3 year old imac coreduo will be able to utilize it

don't sweat it, buy refurb or new, whatever floats your boat

p.s. you're always going to see people in here talking about waiting to upgrade so you get this or that

buy it now, enjoy it for months, and when snow leopard comes out buy a copy of it
Thanks! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.