Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
No! not that kind of virgin.

Was'nt Virgin supposed to launch an iTMS competing online music store this summer? Was'nt Virgin supposed to launch an iPod competing portable music jukebox alongside? —>click me to see related article <—

Well, Now they're letting first class passengers borrow iPods for free in their lounges. That's one weird move from a company that plans on competing with iTMS and iPod.

Or maybe Virgin Music and Virgin Airways are 2 distict things but I was thinking that it was pretty much the same company.

—> Link to the Article <—

Extract from the article:

"We already have iPods in the Heathrow Clubhouse, and as they've been so popular, we will soon be adding them to our new Clubhouse at JFK (in New York)," Virgin said in a newsletter to frequent fliers.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
idkew said:
Sounds good to me. Maybe the borrowers will go home and pick up one of their own. Apple should be supplying Virgin with free iPods. Virgin can buy the songs.

My guess is that they only put Virgin owned music on those iPods. Why buy it from Apple when they own it.

I can easily imagine this scene taking place this summer in an airport lounge:

A) Virgin finally release online Music store and Virgin iSuck™ portable jukebox.

B) Virgin removes all iPods from their VIP lounges and replace those with iSucks™

C) Mr. BigShot comes in for his flight and ask for an iPod as he's used to.

D) Virgin hostess hands him an iSuck.

E) Mr. BigShot relunctantly accept the clunkier heavier uglier music player.

F) 30 minutes later, Mr. BigShot comes back to the hostess and ask if by any chance they still have one of the old iPod around. ^_^

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
So the new isuck and the isuck mini, 10 or 50 songs in the large pocket of your cargo pants.

Attachments

• mp3_64.jpg
    mp3_64.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 177
  • mp3_128.jpg
    mp3_128.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 174
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.