Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Mar 4, 2009, 08:34 AM   #1
touchstone
macrumors newbie

Dropped it and now the screen won't work

Hello!

So yesterday I was pulling my iPod (it's the newest one, no idea what generation that is but it's silver) out of my purse and it was tangled in my headphones so as I tried to untangle it I dropped it onto the concrete. It wasn't on at the time so I kept walking, thinking the worst of the damage was a minuscule scratch on the back, but when I turned it on it was just a blank screen. It still lights up and plays music but there's no text or images or anything. Help?
touchstone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 10:27 AM   #2
rWally
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchstone View Post
Hello!

So yesterday I was pulling my iPod (it's the newest one, no idea what generation that is but it's silver) out of my purse and it was tangled in my headphones so as I tried to untangle it I dropped it onto the concrete. It wasn't on at the time so I kept walking, thinking the worst of the damage was a minuscule scratch on the back, but when I turned it on it was just a blank screen. It still lights up and plays music but there's no text or images or anything. Help?
If it's still within warranty try to take it into an apple store and see if they can fix/replace it. Might want to conveniently forget to tell them about dropping it if you want to get it replaced.
rWally is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 02:49 PM   #3
miles01110
macrumors 604

It's probably just a matter of opening it up and re-inserting the flex cable running from the circuit board to the screen. You could try taking it to the apple store, but don't be surprised if they refuse to fix it (user damage).
miles01110 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 03:42 PM   #4
touchstone
macrumors newbie

Thank you!

This is so depressing because I only just got it at Christmas time
Old Mar 4, 2009, 06:53 PM   #5
uicandrew
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rWally View Post
If it's still within warranty try to take it into an apple store and see if they can fix/replace it. Might want to conveniently forget to tell them about dropping it if you want to get it replaced.
why are you encouraging fraud?

it is the OP's fault so he should have to take personal responsibility for it.
uicandrew is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 08:47 PM   #6
MBHockey
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by uicandrew View Post
why are you encouraging fraud?

it is the OP's fault so he should have to take personal responsibility for it.
I love the self-righteousness that pervades this board.

I especially love how the majority of these self-proclaimed paragons of ethics are mostly people feigning offense at the slightest hint of something that could be deemed immoral but would have no problem acting in accordance with the advice offered earlier in this thread if put in the same situation as the OP.

I'm not singling you out, uicandrew, but there's no way even half of the people on the board with your attitude actually act that way in real life.
MBHockey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 09:39 PM   #7
iSaygoodbye
Banned

Send a message via AIM to iSaygoodbye
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBHockey View Post

I especially love how the majority of these self-proclaimed paragons of ethics are mostly people feigning offense at the slightest hint of something that could be deemed immoral but would have no problem acting in accordance with the advice offered earlier in this thread if put in the same situation as the OP.

I'm not singling you out, uicandrew, but there's no way even half of the people on the board with your attitude actually act that way in real life.
haha
iSaygoodbye is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2009, 09:50 PM   #8
Chris Rogers
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBHockey View Post

one of the Top Ten posts i've seen on here.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 10:12 PM   #9
war eagle
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rWally View Post
Yea take it right on in.

I took my iPhone in yesterday and i'm like it used to light up white but I could just hit power/sleep until it came back but it didn't come back this time.

And they were like ahhh you got white screen.. switched it on the spot.
war eagle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2009, 02:06 PM   #10
touchstone
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideline3 View Post
Yea take it right on in.

I took my iPhone in yesterday and i'm like it used to light up white but I could just hit power/sleep until it came back but it didn't come back this time.

And they were like ahhh you got white screen.. switched it on the spot.
That's hopeful to hear. Thanks!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod