Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Mar 5, 2009, 10:50 AM   #1
cyberska
macrumors newbie

Need help to access Time Machine data from a PC

The video card in my iMac died a while back, so now I'm only left with my Windows XP laptop. 95% of my data was in the iMac, but fortunately I had Time Machine (TM) backing up on an external HDD.

I recently wanted to retrieve some of the MP3s stored in the TM backup, so after installing MacDrive 7 on my PC, I went into the drive to retrieve the music, but I couldn't find it! I see lots of folders with dates on them but no music anywhere. I tried searching the entire backup volume for *.mp3 and nothing. I tried making hidden and protected operating system files visible and nothing.

The TM backup seems fine. I'm sure if I connect it to a Mac I'll be able to access the data. But only having a PC at the moment, how can I retrieve my data backed up by Time Machine and copy it into my PC in a way that Windows can use it?
cyberska is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2009, 06:55 PM   #2
BlueRevolution
macrumors 601

Go into the most recent date folder, then to Users -> your name -> Music.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help