Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Mar 5, 2009, 03:26 PM   #1
gmagnes
macrumors member

Checklist Style App (not Todo's)??

I am looking for an application that works as a checklist, allowing you to create a list, check off items as they're done or included or whatever, but have these items remain part of the list, so they can be unchecked automatically and used again the next time you need to perform the same function. Anyone have an app to suggest?

Prior to switching to Iphone, I used Listpro, which I liked very much. I used it as a ToDo app, but also to make lists, such as a packing list before a big trip or a list gear to bring on a camping trip. The feature I liked was that I could check off an item as I packed it. All checked items would continue to show on the list as checked them off (or disappear from view if I set options this way, but were there in the background and could be reset and brought back the next time I wanted to use the same list). Once I had packed everything, I could reset the list so that everything was unchecked and I could use it again as a check list the next time I needed to do a similar trip or function.

Currently I use Appigo Todo as my ToDo application in the Iphone and am reasonably happy with it for that function. By manipulating some of the options, there might even be a way to use it in this way. But the options seem only to apply to all lists, so I can't use some lists in this way while others function more traditionally as a todo type list.

So anyone have another app to suggest that might work in this way. If it had subitems that'd be a bonus, so that I could have subgroups of items on the checklist.
thanks
Gerry
gmagnes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2009, 03:36 PM   #2
iFerd
macrumors 6502a

I use SplashShopper for this purpose. I have, for example, a packing list that I use repeatedly before I travel. This one costs $10 of the iPhone application, and if you want to use the desktop companion, it will be another $19.95. The desktop version has a fully featured 30 trial.

If you want something that is for lists only, Task, also by SplashData, is essentially a subset of SplashShopper that you can make lists like this if you don't need the other features of the full application. It is cheaper at $2. It will also interact with the SplashShopper desktop.
iFerd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2009, 03:36 PM   #3
Night Spring
macrumors G3

UltraList
Night Spring is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2009, 04:26 PM   #4
SFC Archer
macrumors 68000

Listomni is the best one for this.

I use it for packing lists, movies, music etc. No end and has templates or you can build your own.

Good Luck

Last edited by SFC Archer; Mar 5, 2009 at 04:31 PM.
SFC Archer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2009, 06:50 PM   #5
Four20
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC Archer View Post

I use it for packing lists, movies, music etc. No end and has templates or you can build your own.

Good Luck
I 2nd this one
Four20 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2009, 07:24 PM   #6
Gokunama
macrumors 6502a

I use Todo by Appigo for that. It's not exactly meant for that, but with repeat after completion option, due date X amount of days after completion, and the list filters, it does the job of keeping those lists easy to use (due soon needs to be done, due later is ok), but not in my all list tasks or focus view. This wouldn't work if your master list were large though.
Gokunama is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2009, 09:16 PM   #7
Almy
macrumors 6502

I was looking for the same thing. But everything was just overkill. Then I came across ShopShop. It's free and works well for me. Not exactly what your wanting but I've stopped looking for other apps since getting it.
Almy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2009, 04:39 PM   #8
staz
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC Archer View Post

Good Luck
Third-ed. I. can't tell you folks how long I've been looking for a good checklist/to do app that's easy to learn, allows for quick capture and will back up to my Mac (not to some cloud I have no control over). The logic behind how this app is organized is phoenominal. It's incredibly deep and customizable.

After Phone, email and Calendar, Listomni is my most frequently used App, and has become the first 3rd party app ever to occupy one of my 4 common dock slots.
PPC 6100 7100 7200 8100 9600 4400 Perf 6400
G3 Desk PB G3 G4 G5 Tower PB G4
staz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2009, 03:57 PM   #9
E3BK
macrumors 65816

Try ShopShop. It's very simple & basic but it's also free. It remembers items you previously added to the list, create multiple lists, easy to organize. I found it to be really useful for creating grocery & shopping lists (obviously). But I've also used it for packing & simple to do. I recently upped my ToDo/GTD game but still use ShopShop for grocery store items and simple things.

In the settings, you can choose to sort by status, manual or alphabetical. You can also change the background color of your different lists (in the main app, not settings). The crossed off items can easily be cleared or you can "un-check" them as needed. No sub-tasks but you really couldn't ask for more from a free list app.

Last edited by E3BK; Aug 23, 2009 at 04:09 PM.
E3BK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2009, 05:06 PM   #10
fredf
macrumors 6502

shopshop

i'm pretty happy with shopshop
fredf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2009, 06:28 PM   #11
pasipple
macrumors 6502a

ToDo is great for what you are looking for. You can create a "project" task....I use this feature quite a bit.
AppleTV3 v5.1
pasipple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2009, 02:03 PM   #12
swindmill
macrumors 6502a

I like NList. I think it's .99
Old Mar 8, 2011, 10:20 PM   #13
captgecos
macrumors Demi-God

+1 on listomni

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps