Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AeroUK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
New York
Does anyone else notice that on Leopard's iCal in month view, certain words cause text to be missing.

for example 'The Bluejacks Duo @ The Walkabout, Cardiff' is displayed as 'The Bluejacks Duo @ The Walkabout,'

If you enter 'The Bluejacks Duo @ The Walkabout, Cardiff UK' it works fine and displays all text.

I am convinced this is a bug but it has never been fixed and noone else seems to be mentioning it... Please test your iCal (Leopard and Tiger) and let me know if you experience the problem as well.

Aaron

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Works for me

"The Bluejacks Duo @ The Walkabout, Cardiff"

All text displayed
iCal = Version 3.0.6 (1273)
iLife '09

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

AeroUK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
New York
Follow-up

Ah but go to preferences and click 'Show time in month view'. Then it will cut the end of the text off. It works fine for me when I do not have the time showing...

Aaron

AeroUK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
New York
Bug

But actually then some other entries lose their text but they show up fine when I do show the time in month view! It is definitely a bug...

Aaron

AeroUK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
New York
Update

I worked out what happens, it is when you resize the iCal window. You will notice there is one size where you can see all text but other sizes mess it up, try resizing the iCal window and you will see what I mean. It is worse on my iMac as the screen is bigger...

Aaron

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.