Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Mar 7, 2009, 05:13 PM   #1
socalrider
macrumors newbie

Zelda Problems

I'm running the sixtyforce program on my mac to play Zelda Ocarina of Time. I got to the water temple, but i'm stuck there because i'm trying to use the longshot to grapple across a gap in a certain amount of time. I found that in the amount of time given it's pretty much impossible to aim the grapple on the target because using the keyboard on the laptop to aim isn't sensitive enough to aim onto the target. When i hit the up arrow key it goes too far above the target and when i hit down it goes too far below the target. Any solutions?
socalrider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2009, 05:38 PM   #2
Aniday
macrumors regular

Yeaaaaah. You're pretty much screwed if you can't grapple accurately.

If there's not some fix to download to make the controls better, you better play it on the Wii.

I'm so helpful.
Aniday is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2009, 05:46 PM   #3
iToaster
macrumors 68000

I've done this before... though it was certainly aggravating. It takes a long time, but if you aim all the way up and come back down the "blocks" that you can target will shift vertically, spinning around will also shift them horizontally. Eventually the aim is correct and you can bridge the gap in time.

(hint: aim with the longshot, shoot with the bow)
Old Mar 7, 2009, 05:56 PM   #4
lostless
macrumors 6502

you can buy a controller cheap with an analog joystick which will solve all your problems. Pretty much any PC controller will work. Logitech makes a nice one for around 20 bucks (duel action pad). You can also get a xbox 360 controller (wired or wireless with the usb adaptor for wireless). Playing an n64 game without analog is a tough one.
lostless is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 04:53 PM   #5
socalrider
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostless View Post
you can buy a controller cheap with an analog joystick which will solve all your problems. Pretty much any PC controller will work. Logitech makes a nice one for around 20 bucks (duel action pad). You can also get a xbox 360 controller (wired or wireless with the usb adaptor for wireless). Playing an n64 game without analog is a tough one.
how do you get the xbox 360 controller to work (i have the wired type and i plugged it in and its not working)
socalrider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2009, 12:36 AM   #6
aki
macrumors 6502a

i have xbox360 wireless controller and it works great!!....tho actually i use it usually for windows games in bootcamp....

there is a xbox360 controller pref pane app thing for osx tho and i did install but i usually dont use it....u can try

http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/Pro...ller/OsxDriver
aki is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2011, 06:38 PM   #7
pgoldste
macrumors newbie

Z targeting to the rescue

This drove me crazy, just figured it out. Key is finding a way to get continuous motion. Try the following:
1) Shoot the eye
2) Arm the long shot
3) Hold Z. This puts you into the third-person mode.
4) Hit the down arrow, looking a bit above the target.
5) Release the down arrow. At this point Link's vision will begin sliding continuously downward.
6) Time it properly, release the long shot when the red dot crosses over a part of the target you wish to hit.

Voila!
pgoldste is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:27 PM   #8
fterres00
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgoldste View Post
this drove me crazy, just figured it out. Key is finding a way to get continuous motion. Try the following:
1) shoot the eye
2) arm the long shot
3) hold z. This puts you into the third-person mode.
4) hit the down arrow, looking a bit above the target.
5) release the down arrow. At this point link's vision will begin sliding continuously downward.
6) time it properly, release the long shot when the red dot crosses over a part of the target you wish to hit.

Voila!
you are a ****ing genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fterres00 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:03 PM   #9
Washac
macrumors 68000

Did not know this SixtyForce program existed, just downloaded it, looks like fun

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games