Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Mar 8, 2009, 01:30 AM   #1
shigga
macrumors newbie

Question How to disable 'this accessory is not compatible with iPhone' message

Hi guys, I have been searching on and off for nearly months trying to find if there is a way to disable the 'this accessory is not compatible with iPhone' popup message whenever I plug my Belkin FM transmitter into the iPhone...

The reason I've been searching for that long is that 1. it is annoying and 2. I did see a screenshot of either bossprefs or sbsettings which had a toggle that seemed to be exactly what I was looking for... I can't find those custom toggles though.

Anyone know of a solution?
shigga is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 08:15 AM   #2
bytethese
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigga View Post
Hi guys, I have been searching on and off for nearly months trying to find if there is a way to disable the 'this accessory is not compatible with iPhone' popup message whenever I plug my Belkin FM transmitter into the iPhone...

The reason I've been searching for that long is that 1. it is annoying and 2. I did see a screenshot of either bossprefs or sbsettings which had a toggle that seemed to be exactly what I was looking for... I can't find those custom toggles though.

Anyone know of a solution?
Buy an accessory that is iPhone compatible?

I checked here: http://thebigboss.org/hosting-repository/ and there's no listed toggle for that particular preference.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 09:36 AM   #3
jimmy83
macrumors 65816

I tried a genuine universal dock with an adapter and I got that message the OP mentioned, any idea why?
jimmy83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 03:21 PM   #4
The Admiral
macrumors member

this behavior is pretty silly and that dialog should have a third button to disable the popup forever. my phone charges just fine from the accessory to which the firmware is objecting. this message seems to be motivated by an elevated risk of EM interference when using cables that don't conform to some imaginary shielding specification.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 04:12 PM   #5
qnc
macrumors member

There is a way to get rid of the message but it is really for phones that are broken. follow this link from mac rumors.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...=350765&page=5

Basically what it does is replaced the iapd file that throws up the exception when the accessory is plugged in with a patch file that will not put out the exception.

One of my iphones was having issues and this message kept popping up. with no accessories plugged in. Applying this patch got rid of the message and my sound back. I also noticed that the message never pops up when any thing is plugged in. So do this at your own risk.

It has been working for me for a couple of months. the only thing is if you restore you have to reapply the patch. Other that that no issues for me.

By the way i'm on firmware 2.2. but it also worked on 2.1 and 2.0.2
qnc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 04:17 PM   #6
The Admiral
macrumors member

awesome, thanks for that. i will apply it immediately.

edit: hmm, actually, the patched file is too small for my taste. i will continue to read up on this.

Last edited by The Admiral; Mar 8, 2009 at 04:22 PM.
The Admiral is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 04:46 PM   #7
qnc
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
awesome, thanks for that. i will apply it immediately.

edit: hmm, actually, the patched file is too small for my taste. i will continue to read up on this.
here is the guide by the guy who patched the filehttp://suondmao.altervista.org/artic...ngineering.php

you will have to use google translator since his site is in italian. Still reads choppy but you can understand it.
qnc is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks