Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shigga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
Hi guys, I have been searching on and off for nearly months trying to find if there is a way to disable the 'this accessory is not compatible with iPhone' popup message whenever I plug my Belkin FM transmitter into the iPhone...

The reason I've been searching for that long is that 1. it is annoying and 2. I did see a screenshot of either bossprefs or sbsettings which had a toggle that seemed to be exactly what I was looking for... I can't find those custom toggles though.

Anyone know of a solution?

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
Hi guys, I have been searching on and off for nearly months trying to find if there is a way to disable the 'this accessory is not compatible with iPhone' popup message whenever I plug my Belkin FM transmitter into the iPhone...

The reason I've been searching for that long is that 1. it is annoying and 2. I did see a screenshot of either bossprefs or sbsettings which had a toggle that seemed to be exactly what I was looking for... I can't find those custom toggles though.

Anyone know of a solution?

Buy an accessory that is iPhone compatible? :)

I checked here: http://thebigboss.org/hosting-repository/ and there's no listed toggle for that particular preference.

The Admiral

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2009
this behavior is pretty silly and that dialog should have a third button to disable the popup forever. my phone charges just fine from the accessory to which the firmware is objecting. this message seems to be motivated by an elevated risk of EM interference when using cables that don't conform to some imaginary shielding specification.

qnc

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2009
There is a way to get rid of the message but it is really for phones that are broken. follow this link from mac rumors.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/350765/

Basically what it does is replaced the iapd file that throws up the exception when the accessory is plugged in with a patch file that will not put out the exception.

One of my iphones was having issues and this message kept popping up. with no accessories plugged in. Applying this patch got rid of the message and my sound back. I also noticed that the message never pops up when any thing is plugged in. So do this at your own risk.

It has been working for me for a couple of months. the only thing is if you restore you have to reapply the patch. Other that that no issues for me.

By the way i'm on firmware 2.2. but it also worked on 2.1 and 2.0.2

The Admiral

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2009
awesome, thanks for that. i will apply it immediately.

edit: hmm, actually, the patched file is too small for my taste. i will continue to read up on this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.