Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Mar 9, 2009, 01:03 PM   #1
umbilical
macrumors 6502a

iTunes vs XLD rip CD to apple lossless?

hi, I a lot CDs that I want rip to apple lossless, I use XLD for convert .flac to apple lossless and is great, but I never use to rip CDs, I use itunes, the problem of itunes is the gap seconds, that dont remove (I think )

So whats better for rip CDs to apple lossless without loose any quality? itunes or xld ????

thanks!!
umbilical is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2009, 01:10 PM   #2
ChrisA
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbilical View Post
hi, I a lot CDs that I want rip to apple lossless, I use XLD for convert .flac to apple lossless and is great, but I never use to rip CDs, I use itunes, the problem of itunes is the gap seconds, that dont remove (I think )

So whats better for rip CDs to apple lossless without loose any quality? itunes or xld ????

thanks!!
As for quality both of them use Apple's Quicktime library to perform the actual conversion. So you get the exact same result in either case.

But I notice the XLD will used as many CPU cores as you have to do the converson ans so it is faster. Well faster if you have a very fast CD reader. Also for ripping many CDs I think XLD's user interface is faster to navigate.

But the end result is the same.
ChrisA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2009, 01:19 PM   #3
umbilical
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
As for quality both of them use Apple's Quicktime library to perform the actual conversion. So you get the exact same result in either case.

But I notice the XLD will used as many CPU cores as you have to do the converson ans so it is faster. Well faster if you have a very fast CD reader. Also for ripping many CDs I think XLD's user interface is faster to navigate.

But the end result is the same.
what about the gap seconds? itunes dont remove?
umbilical is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio