Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbcheckmate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
I used Bootcamp to install Vista on my Mac Book Pro 2.4 Ghz (April '08). It has been working very well until Dec 2008. While running a PC game on battery, Vista operating system would just shut down unexpectedly. If the machine is plugged in, it would work fine. Currently the problem is getting worse; when I boot up into Vista on battery, it would shut down in about 2-3 minutes.

Initially I thought it was a battery problem. I booted up into Leopard and checked the battery information in System Profiler. I didn't see any problem. 332 cycles and condition is "Good." In addition, Leopard works just fine on battery. Does anyone have any idea about this?

Thank you for all your help!

LtRammstein

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2006
Denver, CO
What are your power settings set at in Vista?

I bet if you modified those settings, you'd get a good idea on what's going on.

bbcheckmate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
Do you mean the "Power Options" in Control Panel? There's only three options: "Balanced", "Power Saver", and "High Performance." It's currently selected in "Balanced" and the only settings I can change are "turn off the display" and "put the computer to sleep" for on battery and on AC power. There is also "change advanced power settings" option but I didn't change anything since I installed vista. Thanks.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
Do you mean the "Power Options" in Control Panel? There's only three options: "Balanced", "Power Saver", and "High Performance." It's currently selected in "Balanced" and the only settings I can change are "turn off the display" and "put the computer to sleep" for on battery and on AC power. There is also "change advanced power settings" option but I didn't change anything since I installed vista. Thanks.

Well that's where you'd want to look. Advanced power settings has all kinds of options for everything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.