Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lapino

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Noobie so probably stupid question, but what is the Page Up / Page Down shortcut for Mac OsX and applications? I tried ctrl+arrows, alt+arrows, cmd+arrows, nothing seems to work :/

lapino

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
I thought so, but it doesn't seem to work on my MBP (for example in Firefox for going quickly up/down in websites)

lordthistle

macrumors 6502
Feb 29, 2008
Italy
I assume you're using a notebook.
fn + arrows.

In text editors, if you want the cursor to follow the page up/down (like in Windows) you need to press opt+fn+arrows.

thistle

nativeco

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2012
Too Weird! page up/page down

I have a macbook pro-several years old. I read this thread and most all these don't work on mine?!?! I want to go to bottom of all text (like on Windows Page up/down keys...BOOO!)
Mine works with command and the down arrow.
For 'dummies' like me: that would be the 'command' key on either side of the space bar and the arrow key in the right hand lower corner of keyboard, the arrow pointing up or down (not left or right).
There are some other condensed helpful tips at http://www.danrodney.com.
Now for Iapino-who said you tried cmd+arrows---I don't know why it didn't work for you.
I have the new Mountain Lion OSX 10.8. This seems crazy to me-especially for Apple-that it would work differently for everyone. So come on you Mac Wizards--don't look down on us 'noobies' like we be 'gone!'

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
I have a macbook pro-several years old. I read this thread and most all these don't work on mine?!?! I want to go to bottom of all text (like on Windows Page up/down keys...BOOO!)
Mine works with command and the down arrow.
For 'dummies' like me: that would be the 'command' key on either side of the space bar and the arrow key in the right hand lower corner of keyboard, the arrow pointing up or down (not left or right).
There are some other condensed helpful tips at http://www.danrodney.com.
Now for Iapino-who said you tried cmd+arrows---I don't know why it didn't work for you.
I have the new Mountain Lion OSX 10.8. This seems crazy to me-especially for Apple-that it would work differently for everyone. So come on you Mac Wizards--don't look down on us 'noobies' like we be 'gone!'

On my Macbook, fn{up} goes up roughly a page while cmd{up} goes to the very top. The same is true for fn{down} going down a "page" and cmd{down} going to the very bottom. I like tapping the top of the screen in iOS to get back to the top and I didn't realize cmd{up} gives me a similar feature in OSX. Nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.