Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kastenbrust

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
North Korea
Ok so i installed Windows 7 using Bootcamp a few months ago, no problems everything works fine except Mediafour Macdrive.

Unfortunately it doesn't work with Windows 7, even though theres no reason why if it works with Vista it shouldn't, but i was wondering if theres any manual way to access the HFS+ partition from inside Windows? It doesn't matter how complicated it is.

I guess with the rise of Windows 7, and its increasing popularity this is going to be an issue for lots of Mac users.

Jethryn Freyman

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2007
Australia
I don't have experience with that software, but I don't think there's any way to view the OS X partition from Windows in Boot Camp. Not a formatting issue it's just the way that Boot Camp works.

bay2sacto

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2008
Without MacDrive, MacOpener or similar third party software, there is no way to mount a HFS/HFS+ partition or disk in any version of Windows. Or for that matter any volume not formatted as NTFS/FAT32/FAT.

Maybe there's a Windows version of FUSE out there? I don't know.

platinumsteel

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2011
Trinidad
thanks a million kastenbrust that free alternative works like a charm..it saved my music and files i need to backup after my mac won't boot up..i am so happy now..thanks a lot bro..

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
FWIW the Boot Camp drivers from version 3.x and later give your read only (view) access to the Mac partition. Just install them.

B

platinumsteel

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2011
Trinidad
ok well with that program i was able to view and extract all my needed files sucessfully..thanks again..I think the name of the app is HFSExplorer just in case anyone run into the same problem like me and wanna give it a try....

platinumsteel

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2011
Trinidad
well if u are talking about why HFSExplorer is needed...i see that is allows viewing and also being able to extract any file or folder it sees onto another drive for backup purposes..Right this moment am using it to extract 39 gigs onto my external HD and it's almost done..I have not checked out bootcamp but if it only allows native viewing but u cant extract the files it sees well then i think HFSExplorer is the read deal...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.