Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

umbilical

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
If I import the .flac to toast and burn like a Audio CD, I loose quality on the final CD, I mean I loose the quality of the original .flac???

I dont loose quality from the original .flac !

Luap

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2004
Its a lossless format. There shouldn't be any loss in quality. But if you are experiencing otherwise, then evidently something is wrong.

umbilical

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
Its a lossless format. There shouldn't be any loss in quality. But if you are experiencing otherwise, then evidently something is wrong.

I dont hear any problem but you know is hard with a small speakers hear a difference between a mp3 vs a lossless.

maybe the question is if Toast suck for decompress the .flac to Audio CD, I dont want loose the quality of source (flac)

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
If I import the .flac to toast and burn like a Audio CD, I loose quality on the final CD

Are you telling us that you loose quality? If so you are doing something more than what you describe above. A straight converion of .flac to CD by toast is a lossless process.

You can prove this to your self if you want. Do a round trip conversion from CD to flac and then back to CD. Start with any CD you like and then compare the audio files on the two CDs with binary file compare utility and see if they are not bit per bit identical.

(Macs ship with software that you'd need to compare the CDs. read the man pages for "hexdump" and "diff".)

Jolly Jimmy

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
You won't lose any quality by doing that... if it's a question you are asking. It's not entirely clear in your post if you are describing a problem or asking a question.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.