Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scenicroadways

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
My sister just purchased a 20" imac with 1gb RAM for doing graphics work freelance and business purposes. She does mostly advertising spreads and uses photoshop and illustrator mostly. Will this machine be up to the task? any responses appreciated.

krisjon

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2004
San Diego, CA
Scenicroadways said:
My sister just purchased a 20" imac with 1gb RAM for doing graphics work freelance and business purposes. She does mostly advertising spreads and uses photoshop and illustrator mostly. Will this machine be up to the task? any responses appreciated.

I work in advertising using PS, Quark and Illustrator everyday and that machine will handle pretty much whatever you throw at it just fine. It's too bad those machines top out at a gig of RAM, but it should be enough for most layout stuff. In my book, you can never have too much RAM for PS.

Krizoitz

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2003
Tokyo, Japan
Scenicroadways said:

She should be fine, and the 20" screen is gorgeous, incredibly usefull for graphics designers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.