Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 12, 2009, 12:12 AM   #1
Mac-Techs
macrumors newbie

Corrupted Firefox prefs affects Safari

Howdy all,

I'm helping a friend on a silver G4 tower running OS X 10.4.11.

He doesn't do much with his Mac aside from run Photoshop Elements and use a browser. The OS X install is fairly recent.

His initial complaint was that when he logged into his webmail account, the links in the open Firefox browser window would disappear when clicked on. This is a fairly recent install of Firefox as well.

We saw similar things happening in Safari. It wouldn't happen in all pages, but sometimes graphic titles would be missing or a link clicked on would disappear from the page.

We tried resetting the cache, which didn't help. Then I deleted his Firefox profile folder. That seemed to put things right for a few days. Now symptoms are showing up again.

We downloaded the browser 'Flock' and it seems to operate no problem.

I've told the user to delete the Firefox .plist. Any ideas on what could be affecting Firefox and Safari would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Todd
Mac-Techs is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store