Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini

Old Mar 12, 2009, 12:29 AM   #1
MacKid6693
macrumors newbie

iMac or Mac mini???

should i wait for the new imac to come out or should i get the macmini? i cant quite decide. i like the mac mini alot but i would hate to have to buy another monitor.. on the other hand i like the iMac because it has everything on it but i like the smaller screens.. IM SO CONFUSED
MacKid6693 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2009, 01:56 AM   #2
nyry30
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacKid6693 View Post
should i wait for the new imac to come out or should i get the macmini? i cant quite decide. i like the mac mini alot but i would hate to have to buy another monitor.. on the other hand i like the iMac because it has everything on it but i like the smaller screens.. IM SO CONFUSED
2 things,

1)what's your budget?

2)what kind of use task will you be doing?

cheers
Old Mar 12, 2009, 02:17 AM   #3
Hellhammer

Send a message via MSN to Hellhammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacKid6693 View Post
New iMacs came week ago, so don't expect that there'll be new ones out soon. Maybe in Q4 for Christmas sales
Old Mar 12, 2009, 02:21 AM   #4
DoFoT9
macrumors P6

Send a message via AIM to DoFoT9 Send a message via MSN to DoFoT9 Send a message via Skype™ to DoFoT9
by the sounds of it you wont be needing a lot of power, go the MacMini.
DoFoT9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2009, 02:39 AM   #5
clickgr
macrumors regular

Definitely donít wait for a new imac. There is no better time to buy a Macintosh than now. If you want to be more flexible with monitors and donít have high processor expectations, go for the mini. If you like all in one machines as you said, have more expectations, and your budget is not limited, go for the new iMac. The issue too big screen should not bother you. When you get used of it, you will realize that the bigger the better. I guarantee you that you will never regret for the big screen size.
clickgr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2009, 03:23 AM   #6
mntpng
macrumors newbie

I had a similar decision to make and I went with Mac mini because iMac lacked much of compelling features above Mac mini. Low end iMac is basically Mac mini with a faster CPU, a monitor, an iSight, and a desktop hard drive instead of laptop hard drive. I went with Mac mini and ordered 4GB of ram and 320GB 7200rpm hard drive. In total it cost me about $725. I could have spent $500 more than that and got an iMac but I can't justify it. I'm very happy with my new Mac mini.
mntpng is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2009, 03:36 AM   #7
Hellhammer

Send a message via MSN to Hellhammer
The bigger the better. While you don't have monitor, go for iMac. Mini is for people who already has a monitor and want to make the switch to Mac.

Why you don't like big displays?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini