Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ady28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
Hello Friends !
i m new on mac i have a Mac iBookG4 Laptop i want to make the software for mac which can transfer the my Files automatically every second from Mac Book to My Regular Pc (Windows Base) using LAN.

Tell Me what to Do ? :(
i known the programming languages like C, C++, VB, Java .

VPrime

macrumors 68000
Dec 19, 2008
London Ontario
I really dont understand the question.... What are you asking? How to write the software?
I am just going to give some generic replies..
Install Xcode Developer tools (on the OS X disk.. Or you can download off the apple website)

Learn some Objective C.. It will be handy in mac development.

Learn some sockets programming.

ady28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
Help For File Sync

if u r not understand the problem then i tell u again that i m photo lab owner , i got the net printer for photo printing sienna 9000+ which is running on windows 2000, and all client are running on windows xp proff. the co. is give a software which can help to send the pic to print from any client (XP Base) to the main printer. the main machine can sync the files from all clients and print them, but for mac its not possible to installed the software cause the co. not make the mac base software. after lost of work i found that the files are store in specific folder on client and server which can move to main machine by the small package Crew HotFolder Client , which is installed on every pc on the network, if we want to give the print then we need to start the Crew HotFolder Client on main and Client the Store the file in Folder named ClientHot (Which was shared) and the the file was move to main pc for print in the specified folder the it will be printed on the paper, but i want to make the small package in mac which can move files from Specific Folder of mac to the main pc Specific Folder , then tell that it is possiable to make the package for this work in mac which can send the files from mac to main windows pc automatically for every send. plz help me

LtRammstein

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2006
Denver, CO
Umm...

Wouldn't it be easier to create a server job that both Mac and PC can access and just sync it up that way?

An example would be to have a process on the Windows machines constantly/daily copy files from a user's PC to a specialized server they have access to. From there have the Mac, using either a Unix/Applescript/Application, to copy those files to a general user account and do what you need.

It would be much easier this way because Windows and Mac tend to not want to talk to each other when it comes to file sharing. It's a proprietary issue Microsoft and Apple have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.