Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jur2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
Someone pleas help:
I tried to jailbreak my ipod touch 2g (last gen) v2.2.1 with the 24kpwn LLB patch (aka the untethered jailbreak) so what i did:
I downloaded the LLB.n72ap.RELEASE.patch file,
Opened the restore file (user>appdata>roaming>apple computer>itunes restore) with winrar
Then I replaced the original LLB.n72ap.RELEASE.img3 (Firmware>all_flash>all_flash.n72ap.production) with the LLB.n72ap.RELEASE.patch (renamed it to LLB.n72ap.RELEASE.img3)
I tried to open the .ipsw file with quickpwng but it said the file was incorrect or something like that.
The I did the stupid thing of trying to restore my ipod with the new (with the LLB.n72ap.RELEASE.patch file) restorage file. Itunes stopped and said there was an error.
I replaced the 'new' restorage file with one I downloaded (original). And tried to restore. Then itunes sais: There is currently no software available for this ipod. Check if you have the most recent version of itunes and try again.
I reïnstalled itunes but still the same message.
On a other forum I read that it might work to hold the home and standyby-button for some time, I did that but now the ipod is just turned of (before it showed a white screen..)
Could someone help?:confused: Thanks...!

Topper59

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2008
Ok, if you want to get back to factory settings:

Plug it into the computer
Hold the power AND home for 10 seconds (or until your computer makes a ding)
Let go of the power BUT KEEP HOLDING THE HOME for another 8 seconds
It is in DFU mode
Go into iTunes and it will say your iPod is in service mode
Hold shift and click restore
Choose the original Apple firmware

To jailbreak it, follow this video, it worked for me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_DykjZUyig

Jur2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
THANKS!!! My iPod is restoring now, and it looks good!!
Topper59: Your a HERO!!!! Really I dead serieous, your a HERO!!!
Thanks again!!!
Yes it worked!:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.