Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blakespot

Administrator
Original poster
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
John C. Dvorak has unleashed unto the world yet another spellbinding account of his views on the Macintosh entitled [url="http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1885,00.asp>"e-Mac, i-Mac, No Mac"[/url]. Within, he ponders the issue of the viability of the Mac, stating...
<ul>Isn't it about time the Macintosh was simply discontinued—put down like an old dog? Why, exactly, does Apple maintain this line of machines instead of starting fresh or at least introducing something new with fresh legs. The Mac has become the AS/400 of desktop computing, except for the fact that it's prettier. Of course, if Apple never moves forward, what happens to the copycat Windows platform?
</ul>
...and calling OS X simply "an update." With this piece Dvorak has reassured any who might have doubted that he has a true handle on the nature of the Macintosh....

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
You might want to fix the link, so that it is selectable... ;)

The clipping you put up brings a line from Blazing Saddles to mine... "Now what'll that ******* think of next?" It also brings to mind Dennis Leary's (SP?) song "*******". You know the one... :D

I think that just about sums up my opinion of John C. Dvorak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.