Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nph

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
I have seen a lot of posts now where most people who have bought the refurb MBA rev A are happy with it and it seems they addressed most of the issues that plagued the first MBA generation towards the end.

Question since it is still possible to get a 'new' MBA rev A for almost the same price as the refurbs do you think they are better than the first batch that came out with overheating primarily? Or is it only the refurbed ones that Apple have fixed?

stownsend3

macrumors member
May 9, 2008
I don't think you'll have to worry about it. With the refurb you'll get the same warranty you would if you managed to find an unopened Rev A, and less likely to deal with heat issues. If you get a refurb and it's overheating on you, send it back for another.

kinkster

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2008
Most of the problems have been fixed but you still have somewhat limited power compared to the Rev B.

I have a rev A and rev B. The rev A doesn't have any heat issues, video issues, etc. Most of it's been solved through software updates it seems. It does have a loose hinge but it's over a year old, while the refurbs probably haven't had nearly as much use in most cases.

there aren't any refurb rev Bs yet.

Miker2k

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2009
I don't regret the Rev A Refurb purchase 1 bit. If you have the extra cash buy the B but if you're on a budget go with the A.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.