Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Daily Tunes Site Discussion and Feedback

Old Apr 6, 2004, 03:00 AM   #1
voodoofish
macrumors regular

Incomplete song information bug?

Some songs from the iTMS such as http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...ItemId=1895728 or http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...ItemId=3851488 say they don't have genres when I submit them and the rest of the information is missing aswell, is this a bug?
voodoofish is offline   0
Old Apr 6, 2004, 11:28 AM   #2
Jetson
macrumors 6502a

I noticed this buggy behavior too. I hadn't posted any albums for a long time until recently, and found that I had to resubmit the same iTunes url several times before DailyTunes took it.
Jetson is offline   0
Old Jun 24, 2004, 08:49 AM   #3
Mudbug
Administrator emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Mudbug Send a message via Skype™ to Mudbug
not really a bug, but more of a denial of information from iTMS on the first or second go around. I too have noticed this (probably a good bit more than you guys) because quite a few submissions to Dailytunes come in with incomplete or completely missing information, and instead just the URL is there. I manually go in and fix those.

As for the ones currently in the database, if you know which they are, use the error submission button associated with each post to point them out, and I'll go in and fix them manually.

I think this has something to do with the number of requests being made to the iTMS at any given time. It's definitely been more of a problem in the last few months than it ever was before. Possibly just the downside of success?

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Daily Tunes Site Discussion and Feedback