[Movie] How to enabled "Distributed Builds" in Xcode 3.x (Leopard) - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:20 AM   #1
glossywhite
Banned

[Movie] How to enabled "Distributed Builds" in Xcode 3.x (Leopard)

Here is a short movie I made, on how to enabled "Distributed Builds" functionality on Xcode 3.x (Leopard). You _DO NOT_ need 10.5.x *server* to use this feature!. For those unaware of what this is; "Distributed Builds" basically spreads the workload of compiling your Xcode projects, across multiple Macs, so that the workload, and hence compilation time, can be reduced. There is a lot of FUD about this feature, I have found, and a lot of people are under the impression that you need a Leopard SERVER licence - you DON'T need it installed whatsoever.

http://rapidshare.com/files/20993285...butedBuild.mov

One thing I forgot to include in the movie: you NEED to open port '3632' in your firewall, to allow distcc traffic to pass freely over the network. I hope this is of use.
glossywhite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 06:48 AM   #2
vishvesh
macrumors newbie

hi glossywhite,

I tried downloading this file, but wasn't able to download it, it said "pload member needs to allocate it to a different account type", is there anyway i can get this file?

regards,
vishvesh
vishvesh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 08:31 AM   #3
GorillaPaws
macrumors 6502a

You reached your 10 downloads limit
GorillaPaws is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 08:41 AM   #4
vishvesh
macrumors newbie

but i never downloaded it