Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
Here is a short movie I made, on how to enabled "Distributed Builds" functionality on Xcode 3.x (Leopard). You _DO NOT_ need 10.5.x *server* to use this feature!. For those unaware of what this is; "Distributed Builds" basically spreads the workload of compiling your Xcode projects, across multiple Macs, so that the workload, and hence compilation time, can be reduced. There is a lot of FUD about this feature, I have found, and a lot of people are under the impression that you need a Leopard SERVER licence - you DON'T need it installed whatsoever.

http://rapidshare.com/files/209932852/XcodeDistributedBuild.mov

One thing I forgot to include in the movie: you NEED to open port '3632' in your firewall, to allow distcc traffic to pass freely over the network. I hope this is of use.

vishvesh

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2008
India
hi glossywhite,

I tried downloading this file, but wasn't able to download it, it said "pload member needs to allocate it to a different account type", is there anyway i can get this file?

regards,
vishvesh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.