Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews

Old Apr 7, 2004, 12:51 AM   #1
pb&jip
macrumors newbie

Comments on using Trackpad Film Protection?

Can anyone provide a user-review of Trackpad Film protectors? The product information is available here http://www.macimports.com/macimp/tp2.html I would like to hear a report from someone who has given the film a test on a PB or iBook.
Specifically;
1) describe the glue used to stick the film to your trackpad
2) the longevity of each film
3) sensitivity of the trackpad after application
4) removal of the film with/without damage (glue) to the pad
5) any warnings? or other suggestions?

I have a new powerbook and just want to keep it clean and in top working order. I travel with my pb and it inevitably picks up some annoying, but usually non-damaging dirt etc. This would just make me more comfortable.

Thanks.
pb&jip is offline   0
Old Apr 7, 2004, 09:45 AM   #2
jxyama
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb&jip
Can anyone provide a user-review of Trackpad Film protectors? The product information is available here http://www.macimports.com/macimp/tp2.html I would like to hear a report from someone who has given the film a test on a PB or iBook.
Specifically;
1) describe the glue used to stick the film to your trackpad
2) the longevity of each film
3) sensitivity of the trackpad after application
4) removal of the film with/without damage (glue) to the pad
5) any warnings? or other suggestions?

I have a new powerbook and just want to keep it clean and in top working order. I travel with my pb and it inevitably picks up some annoying, but usually non-damaging dirt etc. This would just make me more comfortable.

Thanks.
i have one, though a bit different from the one you linked. (i saw the one you linked when i was in japan, though. i opted for a clear one instead.)

at least for mine, it works very well. i hardly notice that it's there. it makes the surface a bit smoother, sensitivity is not affected and there's no glue - it's static cling.

i've had mine since october, 2003. i don't think it wears or anything so i assume i can continue to use it as long as i own the PB...

however, the one i have is plasticy. the one you linked, if i remember correctly, looked more like it was coated. so it may wear off a bit, though i doubt sensitivity will be affected and there shouldn't be any residual glue.

Last edited by jxyama; Apr 7, 2004 at 09:48 AM.
jxyama is offline   0
Old Apr 7, 2004, 01:24 PM   #3
pb&jip
macrumors newbie

where can I find the clear "plasticy" film?

Thanks, jyxama. Could you please tell me where I might find the film that you are using?
pb&jip is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews