Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wailord

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2007
I've always wanted to try out Beejive, but I could never justify the (relatively) high price... I was traumatized with MobileChat, so I'm sort of nervous to go after any paid IM app.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I've always wanted to try out Beejive, but I could never justify the (relatively) high price... I was traumatized with MobileChat, so I'm sort of nervous to go after any paid IM app.

When it was on sale for $9.99 you should've grabbed it, it is worth every penny and like the OP said it keeps getting better.

Their update with Facebook is sick :cool:

I think this thread should be moved to the AppStore

superstrikertwo

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2008
California

Beejive is a respectable company that has been around for a while. The aren't going to just up and disappear like those sorry excuses for developers at MC did. Beejive is well worth the high price.

Khryz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2007
Wow, this app is getting better and better. It's easily worth $20 now IMO.

stateofmind

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2007
during the meebo presentation yesterday, I started to feel like I should have waited in buying an IM app, but after a couple minutes of thinking I realized Beejive will probably remain the best app for instant messaging for a LONG time.

Digipimp

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2003
Texas
i got the update and now when i click the little blue arrow to the right of a contacts name everything is blank, cant read their name, status or anything anymore

jmccray

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2008
Clarity

So am I right in understanding that meebo will now come standard on the iPhone in 3.0? What would that mean for apps like beejive?

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
So am I right in understanding that meebo will now come standard on the iPhone in 3.0? What would that mean for apps like beejive?

I'm not sure about that. Apple doesn't include "standard" 3rd party apps anyways.

You will probably have to buy Meebo. And I'm sure beejive will make use of push once it's ready.

Almy

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2008
Beejive is already set up for push, it had the badges working a couple months ago when I used the background app while JB'd.

But yeah Beejive is great, worth every penny.

Link2999

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
People running an unofficial (and some official) Beejive application will get a "PC LOAD LETTER" message which will cause the iPhone/iPod to redirect to an Office Space youtube video. The description of the video say's something along the lines of "stealing is bad..". If you try to delete the application from you're iPhone/iPod (directly from) you're device will be forced into safe mode. Rebooting it from the option there will only make things worse. The next few applications will not load and the device will be overloaded (not meaning it's gonna explode or anything, just there will be a big slow down), the buttons won't work for awhile and when you can turn your iPod off right away. Delete the application from you're computer or via SFTP. This error affects all versions regardless of the new update today. As I can tell this is an extremely affective way to stop App Piracy, but because of the paid version being bugged too, it's still faulty.

TonyL08

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
The update isn't coming up for me on the phone or in iTunes. Anyone else have this problem?

DMoney0023

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2008
People running an unofficial (and some official) Beejive application will get a "PC LOAD LETTER" message which will cause the iPhone/iPod to redirect to an Office Space youtube video. The description of the video say's something along the lines of "stealing is bad..". If you try to delete the application from you're iPhone/iPod (directly from) you're device will be forced into safe mode. Rebooting it from the option there will only make things worse. The next few applications will not load and the device will be overloaded (not meaning it's gonna explode or anything, just there will be a big slow down), the buttons won't work for awhile and when you can turn your iPod off right away. Delete the application from you're computer or via SFTP. This error affects all versions regardless of the new update today. As I can tell this is an extremely affective way to stop App Piracy, but because of the paid version being bugged too, it's still faulty.

I just got this message after I got the new update...would this have happened if I didnt download the new version?

n8236

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2006
Ppl running unofficial versions for the most part has not been able to crack it, but a patch is available as a workaround. But it's very hidden. Full Screen Web Browser had a similar type of protection, but it was easily cracked.

Lara F

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2005
Montreal, Quebec
The update isn't coming up for me on the phone or in iTunes. Anyone else have this problem?

Not on my phone either. :(

Also looking forward to group chats! Right now I can see people's posts but not who posted them, or who's in the chat. This is from a groups.im group. So far no iphone app has had this working properly.

I'm also hoping there'll be less lag once a lot of messages have taken place in a chat. But overall, I'm quite happy with beejive. :)

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about

I had such a terrible experience with MobileChat that I swore off IMs on my iPod for quite a long time. I finally bought Beejive blind because it had such a ridiculously high user rating, and it really is phenomenal. Nigh perfect.

neilp4453

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2007

Beejive is a solid app. Everyone seems to overhype it but that is all it is.

Runs smooth and has the basic features that any chat app should have.

Unfortunately, it isn't included in most of these apps and therefore beejive gets to profit from it. But if you have seen failure so far, you won't be in for a disappointment here.

TonyL08

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
I finally got the update, but I had to do it manually. I clicked to buy it again and it gave me a popup message that said it had an update that would be free. Downloaded and works just fine. Strange.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.