Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Is anyone else getting "Cannot connect to YouTube" messages when they try the YouTube app in 3.0?

Every other feature using wifi seems to work fine, but the YouTube app refuses to find any videos.

sharp65

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2007
Did you restore from a backup? I've heard that causes it not to work, it doesn't work for me either.

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
As a paid developer I was able to download the firmware and install it myself rather than have iTunes find and install it. I've got it registered (at Apple) as one of the my devices for development. iTunes and Xcode on my iMac find it and think it's find. Youtube still doesn't work, and I can't get itunes on my PC to believe it's been resigistered. As such there is no way to get ANY video on my Touch. My iMac is not on the same network my videos live on.

On a bright note, the stocks app is greatly improved, with three screen of data for each stock. In landscape mode you can slide left or right through each stock/graph with no need to go back to the portrait screen.

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
Is anyone else getting "Cannot connect to YouTube" messages when they try the YouTube app in 3.0?

Every other feature using wifi seems to work fine, but the YouTube app refuses to find any videos.

i had that when i first installed it yesterday, but it all works now!

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Mine is a first gen Touch. Could those of you that have Youtube working mention which Touch you have? I'm looking to see if it's a 1st gen problem only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.