Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Daily Tunes Site Discussion and Feedback

Old Apr 8, 2004, 11:21 PM   #1
The Muffin Man
macrumors regular

Why do DailyTunes songs have to be on iTunes?

I wonder why DailyTunes only allows songs available on iTunes. I know that because DailyTunes is like made by MacRumors or something, there is a Mac influence, but is it possible to have a section for all other songs? It would certainly open up a lot of new channels.
The Muffin Man is offline   0
Old Apr 9, 2004, 01:29 AM   #2
Krizoitz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Muffin Man
I wonder why DailyTunes only allows songs available on iTunes. I know that because DailyTunes is like made by MacRumors or something, there is a Mac influence, but is it possible to have a section for all other songs? It would certainly open up a lot of new channels.
The point is to share with other users music that they can legal get using the iTMS downloading service. Putting songs that they won't be able to buy or will have to subscribe to one of the less pleasent services doesn't seem too useful.
Krizoitz is offline   0
Old Apr 9, 2004, 02:10 AM   #3
The Muffin Man
macrumors regular

Ok

That only makes a little bit of sense because just because a direct link to iTunes isn't provided doesn't mean that the song will only be obtained illegally.
The Muffin Man is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Daily Tunes Site Discussion and Feedback