Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Mar 20, 2009, 01:55 AM   #1
Tymbo
macrumors regular

My PowerBook G4 has a red tint after waking/starting it up

Like, when the gray screen turns on, it has a reddish hue. after a couple minutes, colors restore to normal.

then if my screensaver kicks in, and I wake it up, even immediately, I can see that reddish hue and watch it slowly transform into the proper color.

What does this mean? Does it mean that my bought-in-2004 1.33 ghz PowerBook G4 is dying of age? it's nto necessarily the computer itself, but the screen.

y'know how in school, when the overhead projector would start to look brownish? and then a few days/weeks later, *explosion* the bulb has burned out?

^___^
Tymbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2009, 01:57 AM   #2
ViciousShadow21
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymbo View Post
Like, when the gray screen turns on, it has a reddish hue. after a couple minutes, colors restore to normal.

then if my screensaver kicks in, and I wake it up, even immediately, I can see that reddish hue and watch it slowly transform into the proper color.

What does this mean? Does it mean that my bought-in-2004 1.33 ghz PowerBook G4 is dying of age? it's nto necessarily the computer itself, but the screen.

y'know how in school, when the overhead projector would start to look brownish? and then a few days/weeks later, *explosion* the bulb has burned out?

^___^
could be. like you said it slowly returns to normal. keep an eye on it. that change may start to happen slower and slower until not at all.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs