Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chkdg8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
Sorry for the noobie ass question but I know there's a way to do this. I want to be more proficient in Preview without having to fire up CS3. I'm going nuts trying to find a decent tutorial online. I found this one but by reading the comments, there seems to be another way. Can someone please clear this up for me? Thank you all in advance.

Ashka

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2008
New Zealand
Yep.
Open picture in preview > Annotate - note > Draw text box on picture with curser > Tools > Show Fonts & Colours > Select Font, colour and size. Drag text box around to fit.
S.

Chase R

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2008
PDX
What a pain... I use an app called Paintbrush. It's free and pretty basic like MS Paint, but it works good for adding text to images.

chkdg8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
Yep.
Open picture in preview > Annotate - note > Draw text box on picture with curser > Tools > Show Fonts & Colours > Select Font, colour and size. Drag text box around to fit.
S.

Thank you for this. What I'm trying to do is to come up with an equivalent and effective work flow that can come close enough to Pro apps. I know that Preview can never totally replace Photoshop or iMovie replacing Final Cut Pro but I can come somewhat close. I have to admit that iMovie '09 does indeed make the approach of editing video a more user friendly process but that doesn't mean I'm going to delete my FCP application. I'm just really impressed with what Preview is capable of doing and I suggest to anyone who does not need a full fledged image editor like Photoshop or even a sub program like Gimp, to just stick with Preview. It all comes down to what your needs are. IMHO, I think that close to 80% of the people that have Pro apps like CS3 or 4, just get them for bragging rights or for status symbol because of the price.

dmarcia

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2013
Sydney
Finally arrived.
ddd.jpg

Attachments

• ddd.jpg
    ddd.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 167
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.