Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Mar 22, 2009, 09:48 AM   #1
iphonemunkey
macrumors member

cannot delete an alarm

i'm jb on a 3g 8gb and running the latest software. my screen responds except when I try deleting an alarm! i can't delete or edit any alarms but I can create a new one! I'm guessing a restore might work but before I do has anyone got any suggestions? ta!
Old Mar 23, 2009, 07:40 AM   #2
Rosenkranz
macrumors newbie

Same problem here. Cannot delete alarms and also the on/off button doesn't work. All other apps work just fine, so I don't think it is a screen problem. I have tried deleting the mobiletimer.app configuration file and reinstalling the app (I downloaded mobiletimer.app from another Iphone and installed it) and nothing fixed the issue.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Rosenkranz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2009, 08:53 AM   #3
iphonemunkey
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosenkranz View Post
Same problem here. Cannot delete alarms and also the on/off button doesn't work. All other apps work just fine, so I don't think it is a screen problem. I have tried deleting the mobiletimer.app configuration file and reinstalling the app (I downloaded mobiletimer.app from another Iphone and installed it) and nothing fixed the issue.

Any help will be much appreciated.
wasn't getting anywhere so had to restore. this fixed it. just seemed a bit bizarre that it only stopped alarms from working!
Old Mar 24, 2009, 02:35 PM   #4
Rosenkranz
macrumors newbie

This is strange. All of a sudden everything works fine. I did not install or uninstall anything and made a completely normal use of the phone only to find that the alarms were working again. Weird.
Rosenkranz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 10:33 AM   #5
jemoo
macrumors newbie

Solution for 3.1.2

1) Tap edit button
2) Tap on the no entry icon for which alarm u wanna remove
3) Delete button appears. Tap it to delete the alarm
jemoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting