Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphonemunkey

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
i'm jb on a 3g 8gb and running the latest software. my screen responds except when I try deleting an alarm! i can't delete or edit any alarms but I can create a new one! I'm guessing a restore might work but before I do has anyone got any suggestions? ta!

Rosenkranz

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2009
Same problem here. Cannot delete alarms and also the on/off button doesn't work. All other apps work just fine, so I don't think it is a screen problem. I have tried deleting the mobiletimer.app configuration file and reinstalling the app (I downloaded mobiletimer.app from another Iphone and installed it) and nothing fixed the issue.

Any help will be much appreciated.

iphonemunkey

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Same problem here. Cannot delete alarms and also the on/off button doesn't work. All other apps work just fine, so I don't think it is a screen problem. I have tried deleting the mobiletimer.app configuration file and reinstalling the app (I downloaded mobiletimer.app from another Iphone and installed it) and nothing fixed the issue.

Any help will be much appreciated.

wasn't getting anywhere so had to restore. this fixed it. just seemed a bit bizarre that it only stopped alarms from working!

Rosenkranz

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2009
This is strange. All of a sudden everything works fine. I did not install or uninstall anything and made a completely normal use of the phone only to find that the alarms were working again. Weird.

jemoo

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2010
Solution for 3.1.2

1) Tap edit button
2) Tap on the no entry icon for which alarm u wanna remove
3) Delete button appears. Tap it to delete the alarm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.