Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Mar 22, 2009, 05:25 PM   #1
webdrive
macrumors newbie

How to make an app 'expire' after x days of use

Hello,
I'm new to the Mac Cocoa/Objective-C world and am trying to find a framework that would allow me to release a shareware/demo version of my software and have it expire after 30 days. Once expired, the user would need to enter a product registration code to unlock the software.

Is there an existing Cocoa framework (or some other framework) that is generally used, or do most people write them from scratch.

I don't need the full blown registration system like AquaticPrime, I simply need a way to have my software stop working.

Thanks!
Michael
webdrive is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2009, 05:54 PM   #2
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdrive View Post
Hello,
I'm new to the Mac Cocoa/Objective-C world and am trying to find a framework that would allow me to release a shareware/demo version of my software and have it expire after 30 days. Once expired, the user would need to enter a product registration code to unlock the software.

Is there an existing Cocoa framework (or some other framework) that is generally used, or do most people write them from scratch.

I don't need the full blown registration system like AquaticPrime, I simply need a way to have my software stop working.
To be honest, I think you've got your priorities wrong. Your first step should be writing an application where anyone would want to enter some registration code after 30 days.
gnasher729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming