Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

California

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 21, 2004
I needed to send my Apple 23" display in to Apple because it has that burn in thing.

So I hooked up my new Vizio 32" HDTV up with hdmi to dvi to my Powermac.

I am beyond pleased with the real estate and have not adjusted it through that systemresx or whatever it is called to the full 1366 x 900 or whatever the top resolution of this Vizio is -- it is on 1280 by 720 and it is very good. The Vizio screen is not bad at all for under 400 bucks, and I did calibrate it. It didn't need much... though I noticed I could not adjust brightness without the vizio remote control.

Ever since the dawn of computers for me in the late 80s I've been wanting to get a good tv hooked up to my computer and this is the first time I've actually done so. It's pretty great and the Vizio is good looking, too.

Just thought I'd post my happiness.

I've got the Quadro 512mb PCI E card on the PM, I suppose that helps, too.

P.S. Just set up SwitchResX and got the Vizio up to 1360 by 768 resolution. A bit better. Very nice screen when calibrated.

Now I'm looking at Vizio's 1900 resolution 26" monitor which looks to be a clone of the new Mac LED 24" without the iSight. Whoever designed that display was thinking about Apple... Glass front, LCD though, very good price and aluminum steel looking base and backing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.